cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Problems making international calls

Uschi201
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

Hi community

When making international calls from the UK,the number calling on receiver's phone is not my number, but an number from a different country (in this case Italy) resulting in receiver not recognising caller and not answering calls. 

No such problem when making local calls. 

Technical support was unable to help me with this issues. 

Has anybody out there experienced the same issues.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi again,

I believe that my colleague has been in touch and this has been escalated further. We'll continue to monitor for updates for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Morning,

Thanks for trying this. I will go back to the team now.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Good morning Michelle

I have just rung the same number as previously, but the receiver's call display is still showing the Italian number(same as before) not my UK landline number.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Good morning,

Thank you. Our Incident Team now believe that this should be resolved. Would it be possible to retest please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi Michelle I have updated the account no. ,but can't see where to enter landline number. Can you access my account and find it there ?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion. we also need for you to add your TalkTalk Home Telephone Number or your Account Number to your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Meant "mobile phone contract "

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi Michelle 

The mobile number in my profile is correct ,but I have added the country code if that helps.

Also 

Have you got access to my account details i.e. mobile phone contact

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi,

Thanks. Could you re-check the telephone number in your Community Profile as it looks like there are some digits missing. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hello Michelle -TalkTalk 

I have updated personal profile section and added some private notes 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi,

The team have come back to me and asked if you could provide the international number that you are calling and also the date and time that you called this number. Please can you add this information to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community. Could you also add your name and Home Telephone number or Account number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hello again,

I've been advised that an incident has been raised for this particular issue and is under investigation at the moment.

Thanks

Michelle

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 18

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

@Lesley35, it's important to start your own thread, as staff will tackle each customer's issues separately. 

This is to avoid confusion between accounts etc.

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic.

Both you and @Uschi201 need to also complete your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu....Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Lesley35
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 18

Same problem with calls to Switzerland today. Caller display in CH  shows a Spanish number.

0 Likes

Uschi201
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 18

Thanks Gliwmaeden2

I might not have explained the problem well enough. When I am making calls to Switzerland,the receiver's caller display shows an Italian phone number and bears no resemblance to my UK number.

There is no such issue if I making local calls within the UK, numbers are displayed correctly.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

Does it happen with other recipients of calls when you ring abroad, @Uschi201?

If not, it could be a fault with the Caller Display on the recipient's phone in Italy.

There are many occasions in the UK where our Caller Display doesn't function correctly and it may have nothing to do with the caller's line.

Check whether the recipient experiences this with any other callers.

Staff will not be back on here before Monday to reply.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes