cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Update from Openreach required

dazzle71
Team Player
Private Message
Message 57 of 57

On the 21/08/23 I reported a fault with our home landline (no dial tone). We have had 3 Openreach engineers out and been told that Openreach new to run a new cable from the street to our house.

The last engineer who came out was on the 30/08/23 and since then haven't heard anymore from Openreach about a resolution to the problem.

As well as having no landline connection the broadband speed is under the guaranteed speed.

Could anyone from TalkTalk provide an update from Openreach on when the work might be carried out?

0 Likes
56 REPLIES 56

Message 41 of 57

Hi dazzle71

Openreach are now advising that the estimated repair date is 11/10

Message 42 of 57

Hi dazzle71

Thanks for your reply. There are no notes from Openreach today but I will still continue to monitor this.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 43 of 57

No, not today.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 57

HI dazzle71

Have you seen any Openreach engineers today?

0 Likes

Message 45 of 57

Hi dazzle71

That's great news, thanks for letting me know.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 46 of 57

An engineer came round yesterday and has marked up where the new line will be going.

He implied everything will be done by Friday.

Message 47 of 57

Hi dazzle71

Openreach have now provided the below update,  so it appears that the engineer may be working on the fault/cable today

Engineer Issued.

0 Likes

Message 48 of 57

Hi dazzle71

I'm so glad to hear this. I checked the fault this morning but there were no updates from Openreach as yet and I was going to check again this afternoon.

I will still keep checking the fault ticket for updates but thanks for letting me know what the engineer advised.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 49 of 57

Had another engineer come round yesterday to confirm the type of fault. He is going to escalate it to a new line needed.

Someone should be coming round in the week to start the new cable process.

Thank you for keeping an eye on this.

Message 50 of 57

Hi dazzle71

Thanks for your reply.

I can see that the fault is still open with Openreach but they did leave notes to say they have attended the property too.

I will let you know as soon as they update the fault ticket again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 51 of 57

Yes. Two engineers came out and re-iterated we need a new cable from the street to the house.

They said they would raise a new fault and speak to their boss on Monday (today).

0 Likes

Message 52 of 57

Hi dazzle71

Can I just check, did Openreach make contact with you on 30/09?

0 Likes

Message 53 of 57
0 Likes

Message 54 of 57

Thank you for keeping an eye on this. I will post if I hear anything as well.

Message 55 of 57

Hi dazzle71

I've checked and this fault is still with Openreach, no additional updates at the moment.

I will continue to monitor this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I have further information.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 56 of 57

Hi dazzle71

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that Openreach closed the previous fault on 30/08 - Fault cleared. I'm really sorry about this.

I have now escalated this back over to the Openreach line engineers and I will monitor this for updates and to ensure that Openreach don't close this fault.

Thanks

0 Likes