cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Update from Openreach required

dazzle71
Team Player
Private Message
Message 57 of 57

On the 21/08/23 I reported a fault with our home landline (no dial tone). We have had 3 Openreach engineers out and been told that Openreach new to run a new cable from the street to our house.

The last engineer who came out was on the 30/08/23 and since then haven't heard anymore from Openreach about a resolution to the problem.

As well as having no landline connection the broadband speed is under the guaranteed speed.

Could anyone from TalkTalk provide an update from Openreach on when the work might be carried out?

0 Likes
56 REPLIES 56

Message 1 of 57

Hi RehanaBegum

You will need to  call the loyalty team on 03451720088 The will be able to see what options are available

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 57

Upgrade!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 57

Do you mean "upgrade" or "update", @RehanaBegum?

If the former,  phone in and check what's available,  03451 720088.

If your router needs an update,  start a new thread and staff will help you out after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 57

Hi 

I want to update my broadband and want to how?

0 Likes

RehanaBegum
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 57

Hi,

I would like to update my broadband. What should I do?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 57

Hi dazzle71

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for confirming that the fault has been resolved 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 57

Openreach have been down the road since Wednesday and yesterday an engineer came to the door and said the problem had been fixed.

Phone has dialtone and can make/receive calls and broadband speed is back up to what it should be.

Thank you for keeping an eye on this for me and making sure that Openreach were still aware of a problem until fixed.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 57

Good Morning dazzle71

Openreach have provided the below update:

TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT BOOKED - 3 WAY LIGHTS, VALID 3 DAYS.                           

MEET UP TIME 09:30AM 22/11 - 24/11.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 57

Hi dazzle71

Openreach have advised that the next update will be on 21/11.

They are awaiting the safety survey for the digwork.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 57

Hi dazzle71

We've been provided a new update -  REVIEW BY 15/11

I will check on this again tomorrow for updates from Openreach.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 57

Hi dazzle71

No problem. As soon as I receive further information then I will post back here.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 57

Thank you for keeping me updated.

Message 13 of 57

Hi dazzle71

I've spoken to Openreach this morning and they have provided the below update:

The latest update, the job is with Second stage team,  New duct sprayed up and submitted by track engineer , The earliest possible Completion Date is 20/11/23. Please review back on 21/11/23, 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 57

Hi dazzle71

We've received the below update from Openreach, dig work is required.

Excavation due to be open on 06/11 for Openreach to revisit.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 57

Hi dazzle71

Thanks for the additional information.

I've checked and the fault is still open and Openreach have provided the below notes. This is still in hand with Openreach and I will continue to monitor for additional updates.

Complex network solution is required to complete the job.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 57

Have heard from the Openreach engineer by text, quoted below:

'. We're aware of the on going issue in regards to your telephone line. A visit to the house won't be necessary as we've established the exact location of the fault. We have now put in plans for the ground to be dug outside in the pavement, this will mean we can put a brand new cable in the ground which will fix the issue you're facing'

Hopefully the fault will stay open until this is completed and I will be notified when this is done.

Message 17 of 57

Hi dazzle71,

In answer to your questions, no you've not been switched off the analogue service and you are still on Fibre 65 package

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 57

Is there a possibility that there isn't a landline fault but we've been switched off from the analogue service or there is a landline fault but it's not going to be fixed because of the eventual switch-over to digital lines only?

Also with the broadband speed being 30Mbps instead of 60+Mbps due to a downgrade in service at the infrastructure end.

I saw if I was a new Fibre35/65 customer my upload speed quoted is 25.6 - 28.5Mbps (minimum guaranteed 23.1Mbps) and not just TalkTalk other ISPs are quoting the same speeds.

It just seems odd to have a new cable installed and there be no change in the 'problem' and why the 'problem' is not being fixed.

I would be happy to downgrade to Fibre35 and no landline if this could be an option.

Any extra information you might have or can obtain would be useful regarding this.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 57

Hi dazzle71

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the Openreach engineer visit for Friday 27/10 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 57

Hi dazzle71

Thanks for confirming this.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Apologies that this fault is still ongoing.

0 Likes