cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Voicemail 1571 not working - sounds like a fax

Tinjacobs77
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27

Hi. I tried adding voicemail plus but after waiting 24 hours it doesn't work. When you ring the landline after 10 rings it stops ringing and goes through to like a fax machine/internet dial up sound. When I dial 1571 it just says service is not available. Any ideas? I've found many chats with this issue but if resolved the solution lies with talk talk.

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 21 of 27

I've added it on again.  I don't think it will make any difference - it didn't before.  So just to confirm what happens...

1 - If someone rings my landline - after 10 or so rings -instead of going through to voicemail to leave a message you just get like an internet dial up or fax machine type sound.

2 - If I dialled voicemail directly (when I supposedly had voicemail plus) it just told me the service is not available. 

Now I've added it again - I will see what it does tomorrow - but I expect I already know!

0 Likes

Message 22 of 27

Morning,

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 

Could you try adding the Voicemail Plus service again and we can check to see how it looks from here. If it is still not working then we can look into this further.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 23 of 27

@Michelle-TalkTalk,

The service doesn't revert to Standard Voicemail, as far as I can tell. It's not a technical fault. It's by design.

Since the introduction of Voicemail Plus, the standard version is only available to those who used it all this time ever since. 

1000003707.jpg

So if you use Voicemail Plus and then remove it, it can't revert to Standard Voicemail. 

It's all or nothing with the service for those that haven't continued with the standard version.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 24 of 27

Hi,

Just to confirm, if you dial 1571 now you hear a fax noise? If you call your line, does it divert to voicemail after 7 rings?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 25 of 27

Hi. Not anymore. I unticked it. Didn't see the point of paying a £1 for something that didn't work. I tried an online chat and was getting nowhere so removed it. 1571 doing the same thing now as when it was ticked so assumed there is just something wrong with it - my understanding is the only difference being when box is unticked I pay 2p for dialling it. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 26 of 27

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Does Voicemail show as active in your My Account?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes