Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Voicemail

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Wise Owl

Just wondered if anyone knows of a way to cancel the intermittent dial tone thingy which tells you there is a new voicemail.

I know the most obvious way is to dial 1571 to check and delete the voicemail but I don't want to do that as TalkTalk now charge for that, so just wondered if there was any other way.

Highlighted
Community Star

TalkTalk have withdrawn the pay per retrieval Voicemail service, only Voicemail Plus is available now at a cost of £1 a month. Have you checked your Voicemail setting in My Account?

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Yes, the Voicemail Plus option at £1 per month is available but I still have the Standard Voicemail (2p per call) option ticked.

I'm guessing they are not going to remove the 2p per call option if you still have it active but rather it will just not be available for new customers.

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Are voicemails automatically deleted after a certain length of time?

Highlighted
Community Star

That I don't know, I have never used the service myself. Perhaps another member can advise, otherwise I have flagged it up for the OCE to answer.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @AllyM

I don't believe there is a time limit, but there is size limit so once the mailbox is full no more can be left.

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Philosopher

@AllyM why not just get a phone with answer machine in it as then u have full control and free access 

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Community Star

@hosay299 The only issue with that is if you want to use CallSafe as well.

Highlighted
Philosopher

@ferguson  ok but our home phones have call true thing built in with answer machine 

Had them before talktalk did there own. 

Highlighted
Community Star

That's an entirely different proposition.

Highlighted
Wise Owl

@hosay299 wrote:

@AllyM why not just get a phone with answer machine in it as then u have full control and free access 

That seems a reasonable suggestion for people who actually use their home phone and voicemail regularly but my issue is that I don't. Nobody important will call or leave a voicemail on my home phone, that's why I don't want to incur a charge for checking a message left by a nuisance caller, wrong number etc.

I guess the only option I have is to cancel the voicemail service. The only isssue is that they have discontinued the service so if I cancel it, i can't get it back if I change my mind.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @AllyM

Once you remove free Voicemail, its gone, and only Voicemail Plus is available. 

Sorry. 

Highlighted
Wise Owl

@OCE_Arne wrote:

Hi @AllyM

Once you remove free Voicemail, its gone, and only Voicemail Plus is available. 

Sorry. 

That's correct, I just said that in my last post.

Highlighted
Community Star

@AllyM The cheapest decent single phone with answering machine would set you back around £35. That's 1,750 Voicemails at 2p each. 🙂

Highlighted
Wise Owl

@ferguson wrote:

@AllyM The cheapest decent single phone with answering machine would set you back around £35. That's 1,750 Voicemails at 2p each. 🙂

I don't mean to sound ungrateful for your suggestions but like I said before, due to the low usage of my landline I'm not going to go down that route, nor am I going to adopt the £1 per month charge.

The only options I am considering are status quo (2p per call) or scrapping the voicemail altogether. Anyone who needs to leave me an important or useful message will get in contact with me by email, text or voicemail on my mobile.

The only dilemma is, as previously mentioned, the fact that if I scrap the 2p voicemail, I can't get it back if I change my mind.

Highlighted
Community Star

Fair enough. You will just have to continue putting up with that irritating tone.  😀 

Highlighted
Wise Owl

I guess the next time I renew my contract I could ask the loyalty people if they would consider throwing in the voicemail service for free.

Highlighted
Philosopher

@AllyM so but might not as the cost is low I know they do discount an6 time call boot also entertainment boost also speed boost