cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

confused about voip

barney8
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hello I am really confused about digital voice and voip.

I recently switched to full fibre and thought I was switching my talktalk landline too. I was sent the digital voice adapter but it didn't work. I was then told it didn't work because my plan was data only  and digital voice can't be added. I'm lost. It clearly says on the talktalk page that digital voice is available to new and existing full fibre customers but I can't find anywhere to add it.

Thank you

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

@barney8 

While @Gliwmaeden2 is largely correct, it seems odd that you were sent a DVA if you didn't sign up for a VoIP package. It will help the support  team to look into this for you if you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account.

In the meantime, you might just want to check the DVA installation instructions here

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

It can't be added AFTER the main Full Fibre order, @barney8, so we recommend that you phone in your order, asking to keep your phone number, as VOIP, at the time.

I don't think the situation has changed. Staff will respond after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes