cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

help to fix phone line

John248
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

Can someone look into my case to try and get my phone line fixed.

My internet is working fine, which is good.

But i have no dial tone, landline phone cannot make or receive any calls for about the last 10 days.

I did a line test on 14 March 2024 it reported:

We’ve opened a repair case to investigate any potential issue with your connection.

We’re looking into it and should have an update in the next 5 minutes.

Come back to this timeline to see all future updates on your case.

Nothing happened as a result of that.  The case was removed.

I did another line test on 21 March and same message was reported.

My current case number is REP-14124195

Just want to make sure someone is due to investigate i have havent been forgotten about.

Thanks.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi John

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

John248
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 23

Hello,

Phoneline and broadband remain stable working fine.

Wednesday 10 April open Reach came back to fill in hole and resurface road . Work fully completed.

Message 3 of 23

Hi John,

How are you getting on, everything still OK?

Chris

Message 4 of 23

Hi John,

Thank you for the update 🙂 We'll check back in with you in a few days just to ensure that everything has remained stable.

Michelle 🙂

John248
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 23

Today 9 April Open Reach repair team dug up part of the lane at the required spot and repaired the fault.

Many many thanks for your help in getting our telephone line reparied. Telephone and broadband are now working.

I believe OpenReach will return soon in next few days to fill the hole in.

Message 6 of 23

Hi John,

There was an update yesterday afternoon just saying further work had been completed and progress for further action. I'll continue to check for updates and let you know when I have any.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Hi John,

Just a quick update. There have been no further updates on the fault ticket, work still planned for the 11th

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi John,

There was a further update yesterday afternoon, looks as though dig work is planned for the 11 April. We'll check again for further updates on Monday

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Hi John

This fault is still in hand with Openreach, we are just waiting on additional updates in regards to the dig work.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Hi John

Thanks for the additional information.

Openreach have updated the fault ticket to advise that dig work is needed to resolve this fault and they are arranging for this work to be completed.

I will continue to monitor this and I will post back on this thread as soon as I have further updates from Openreach.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

John248
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 23

Today 2 April 2024 a service engineer from Open Reach came to property to re-investigate why we have lost telephone connection.

He confirmed there is a fault approx 130 metres from our home.

This is around where the connection is at Number 3.

He says the only solution to re-dig the excavation which has been dug twice before to repair the telphone line.

He advised  i instruct Talk Talk to contact Open Reach to organise a repair team to come out and do the repair.

Please can you make arrangements for an Open Reach repair team to come out.

Regards  John

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Hi John

I've checked and there are no additional updates at the moment but I will keep monitoring this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Morning John

The fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning so we should hopefully have further updates later this afternoon.

I will continue to monitor this.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 14 of 23

Hi John

I'm really sorry for the delay.

The line tests have detected a potential line fault so I have escalated this straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will continue to monitor for additional updates and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 15 of 23

Hi John

My take is that an appointment has been requested by Openreach to TalkTalk to arrange for the follow up Openreach visit.

What Openreach need is to plug in their test signal generator to your master socket test socket to easily access your end of their line. Then they can better trace the break in the line for the dig and duct repair work.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 16 of 23

Most staff will be away on the Bank Holidays and are not on here at weekends, @John248

You're best just phoning in or using Chat to double check. 

Contact details here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

John248
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 23

Morning,

I now have a message in my TalkTalk account dated

28/03/2024 13:58

We've run a test and found a fault that requires an Openreach Engineer to visit your home.

Please book as soon as possible.

Do i need to book another Open Reach engineer myself.

Ive already had Open Reach Engineer come to house on 26 March. He plugged himself into home Master Socket to access situation and we walked  down road/lane from the property to identify problem 130m from the property.

He said verbally he would get another team to come out an investigate in couple days  or so.

Just wary of booking an enginner myself as afraid of getting charged. or if there has been some cross over in communication.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi John,

Thank you for the update and we'll keep checking this fault for any additional updates from Openreach for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Hello

BT Openreach guy came yesterday 26 March. He has identified a break about 130m from the property.

He is going to get another team to come out in the next 2 or 3 days. I think team need digging capability to dig up road around the break area and investigate what happening.

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 23

Hi John,

How are you getting on, have you heard anything from Openreach yet?

Chris

0 Likes