cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

home phone not working

Phillip8
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

My home phone is not working, I have had the text messages from Talktalk over the last few days saying that there has been problems with the Vold system affecting phones on the Full Fibre systems. I have done all the standard fixes ie. reset Grandslam box many times also rebooted the eero router several times, but still no phones. if I try to call my landline from my mobile phone I hear a engaged tone and the landline phone does not ring.

can someone please help in fixing this.

I note looking at the Community pages that I am not alone in this issue.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

OK thanks, I'll chase it up for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi Chris 

No I have not had any response or communication to my problem.

Also as of this morning I currently have no internet service. I have reported this and Openreach are apparently looking into this.

Maybe fixing internet fault may fix phone issue.

regards

phillip

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi Phillip8,

Have you heard anything from our Future Fibre team since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

OK thanks. Leave it with me and I'll get back to you when I have an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi Chris

Thanks for reply, yes line is dead

can not phone in or out.

Have reset Grandstream box several times but this has not fixed problem.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Apologies for the delay, just to confirm, does the line still appear to be dead and you can't make or receive calls?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi Chris

Following up on my loss of landline problem, the issue is still the same ie. No landline.

Your last message said you were passing this over to the Future Fibre Team who may contact me direct.

It is now the 15th January and i have had no communication what so ever with  reference  to this issue.

Can someone please look into this and sort this problem out, as it it nearly 2 months since I have had a reliable working landline.

Many thanks

phillip

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

OK thanks for trying that. I'll pass this over to our Future Fibre team. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact your directly 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Chris 

just a update after putting the DVA connection back as normal I had no phone so did a reset and now I only have the power and internet lights on the DVA. No phone light.

hope this helps with your investigation 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi Chris

i had already tried that but have just done it again to test. After DVA reset phone was working so I  put the DVA connection back to its original path out of the eero router. Tried phone not working, put DVA back to direct connection to ONT phone not working

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

And you've tried the pin reset with the DVA connected directly to the ONT?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi Chris

when i originally had the DVA supplied by talktalk several months ago it took some time to get it to work by talking to someone on the community hub but since then has been working. It has only stopped since the issues you have been having your end.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

OK thanks for trying that. Could I just ask, has it ever worked? Is it just an issues that's developed recently?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Chris

have done what you advised, still no phone also reset DVA still no phone

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi Phillip8,

Could you switch the ONT off and leave it off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. If it's then still not working we'll pass it over to our future fibre team for further investigation

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Good morning 

I can confirm this fault is still present. Since sending original message I have reset DVA three or four times also powered down eero but phone still not working 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 19

Hi Phillip8

I'm really sorry about this.

Can I just check, is this fault still present this morning?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes