cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Account help

Da001
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi All

A friend has as me to held her sort out mess this my be a long and hard one

A the start of month had a electric black out in area after ont came on router just red light no internet, phoned talktalk did checks new router ordered 2,4 days no router after a week call to her house to have a look see told me rang TT again promised to send router again 2,3 day then I was away call to house on sat 26th still no router and had rang TT two more times promised router no show now nearly a month with out internet so borrowed router got her back online .

But the main problem is I have found out that she can not log on to my account as she can not remember password  went on to rest and says code will be send to email  we have email address but again can not remember that also phone as been put down as landline number.

So  problem no login to account or email TT does know her mobile number as TT have sent text

Just need to know which is the very best way to resolve both matters 

thanks Dave

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Da001
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

Yes but the problem is the recovery email is the same email can not access and the phone number for text is land line

problem is the account was changed after her husband and my friend past away and I think it was not long after so did not write thinks down

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

I have just had another thought. Do they know their actual email address, just not the password? If so have they tried the forgotten password recovery procedure? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

OK, let's see if the support team here can find a way around this conundrum when they are back online tomorrow. 

0 Likes

Da001
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi Ferguson

Have tried this but because can not log into account or email  as said in post because you need to be logged into account are have to have a code sent to email for code not possible thought it would be long and hard

thanks Dave

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

@Da001 

I think it will be best if you ask your friend to register on the community and start their own topic. There are major security issues at stake here and TalkTalk will need to be assured that they are dealing with the account holder. 

0 Likes