cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

4K BOX 'TURNS OFF'

pryagmeta
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Got an issue with my 4k box watching itvx, all of a sudden the tv screen goes back. The box itself remains on (blue light etc) and the tv isn't in standby but get a black screen and silence. Have to power off the box and back on again to get it to display to the tv.

Happens after maybe 10 seconds of viewing.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi @pryagmeta 

If you look in the settings, can you see what version of software your box is on.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

@Karl-TalkTalk I doubt it.

Mine has just started to do the same for ITVX and it's during a programme.

Just going to start my own thread.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi pryagmeta,

Did the advice from fr8ys help ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

ITV Hub and now ITVX can at times be flakey Does this occur when transitioning from the adverts back to the programme? If so this is a known issue and you should report it to ITV direct as they are responsible for the apps performance on the various platforms. The 4K box is the delivery method for the app only.

Adverts are on a different server to programmes and switching from one to the other can cause the app to fail. This is also reoprted on All4 and My5 apps too.

If this is not the issue then I'd suggest doing a factory reset of the box and see if this improves things. You will have to sign into apps again though.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes