cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Accepting nowtv offer

des09
Problem Solver
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

Have just renewed my broadband contract with TT. Included is 24 months nowtv. A good offer.

But... it failed to load up because it claimed there was an existing account with nowtv.

There is indeed an existing account but I want it replaced with the new offer.

I've cancelled both the services I have with them, but the actual nowtv account remains in place.

I believe it's the email address that holds the barrier to a new account.

Do you think if I change the address on nowtv that it will free up for TT ?

Cliddy
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Yes thanks it's working from the point of view that I have a working service and on the nowtv system its registered as a TT "funded" membership.

But there is still no reference to entertainment on my TT account only cinema.

Which means I still don't know if I will have a charging issue awaiting.

I'll just have to wait and see. Cheers 

Cliddy
0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi

I'm so sorry for the hassle in getting to this point, but glad to hear you have finally found your resolution.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Ok, you've now got 3 responses from me, but this is the latest at 22.00 last night. You can ignore the others 

As a result of talking to TT by phone I at least achieved a fresh version of the nowtv contract with TT.

So it's quite clear what my entitlement is 

Next they sent a confirmation that they had activated the cinema part.

How and why they achieved that before the existing active one was finished I neither know nor care.

In parallel I received an email saying the entertainment part had failed. Suprise suprise!

Meanwhile my entertainment membership died on me tonight right on schedule.

So I thought sod the lot of you, I took the law into my own hands and joined up the entertainment part direct from my account. And that is now working.

I realise that going that route TT in their great wisdom will probably try and charge me the full £9.99.

I will fight that separately, if it happens.

So thanks I've got it all working but every time I renew my contract with TT over the years I think to myself why do I put myself through this 

Cliddy
0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Karl, can you help?

It's gone from bad to worse.

The story so far is that the original activation code a couple of weeks ago failed as there was an existing account open. That was from an email that had a button to select activation. I fully accept why that failed.

Today after your response above I contacted TT by phone to get it sorted and succeeded in getting both entertainment and cinema put back on my contract.

Why it was taken off I can't be bothered to pursue.

As a result I was to expect 2 emails with activation codes.

All good.

I will activate them once the existing services finish tonight.

But, oh no, nothing is that straightforward.

I have received 2 emails.

One says (entertainment) they can't activate because I have an account already. No suprise there, why are they trying to activate it when I was going to wait until later.

But additionally the other one (cinema) has worked??? Despite there still being an account open.

Just before I slit my throat is there any chance you can send an activation code for now entertainment that I can activate at the right time.

Sorry for the saga.

Cliddy
0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Thanks for that!

It had better not have been cancelled. With so many alternative broadband suppliers it was the deciding factor in renewing with TT.

It's also very clear on my contract renewal documentation.

I'll ring them.

Cliddy
0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi

I've just taken a look at the package details on your account. It looks as though the NOW TV option has cancelled. I've had a look to see if this is something I can add, but I don't have access to add this.

If you can give our Customer Loyalty Team a quick call, they will have the access to re-add theis option for you.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi, haven't received the activation code yet.

Dave

Cliddy
0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Ok, thanks, I will await it. Cheers Dave 

Cliddy
0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi

I'm unable to amend any Now TV agreement made from the customer Loyalty teams at the time of renewing the contract, I can however trigger the resend of a NOW activation code and this should hit your mailbox shortly.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Karl, this is the nudge that you suggested.

If you could send a fresh Nowtv  entertainment code it would be appreciated. My existing membership ceases tomorrow.

Two points though, it needs to be the 24 month @£4.99 offer, as after all that's the reason I'm renewing via TT.

Also last time I tried it, it failed for what are now obvious reasons. But it was a one attempt renewal.

When I try again this time I am concerned that again it will be the same.

The reason for my concern is that despite my existing memberships will be closed nowtv will still have my email address on file and that a duplicate will make it fail again.

Everyone tells me this will not be the case, and hopefully they are right.

I look forward to the code. Many thanks 

Cliddy
0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Many thanks will do.

Cliddy
0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi

Give us a nudge here the day before and we will pick this up for you.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

des09
Problem Solver
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 19

Ok, thanks.

I will wait until the end of the billing period, which is about the 18th.

But.... after failing the first time the email offers no opportunity to try again. It's kind of self destructed.

And anyway the code would have expired before that date.

So how do I get a new code in readiness for the 18th?

Cliddy
0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi

I would wait until the billing cycle has ended for NOW TV, then try and apply the link / code.

If it is rejected, then try signing up for a new NOW account with the (TalkTalk) email address when using the link in the email.

The activation code is valid for 7 days, but if this expires we can resend a code.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

des09
Problem Solver
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

Thanks for this, a lot more helpful than the chat line.

Do you think if I change the email address on my existing nowtv account that the TT account might then get set up?

In parallel to that, I have cancelled my 2 existing subscriptions and depending on your answer to the above I will await the end of that billing cycle.

But when that time comes will that be enough to get the TT offer accepted? Or do I have to cancel the actual nowtv account as well? Because as long as that email address is held on file it's not going to work is it?

But additionally to all that....... because it failed I'm going to need a new activation code anyway.

Sorry for all the questions!!

Cliddy
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi

If you cancel the NOW TV account, you will also have to wait until the end of the billing cycle for this to be fully cancelled. You should then try and add the NOW TV option from the link in the email.

If you have NOW TV add to bill, and you pay this with TalkTalk, then you should register for a NOW TV account using the email address you use for your online billing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes