cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Freeview box

clairehornby63
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I have done everything possible.  when i try to record on my freeview box it says on a lot of programms Failed to record?' it is so frustrating,i have done everything even took it back to factory settings. &still the same.i cant do anything else. i have even turned everything off you name it i have done it .

could you please look into this thankyou

claire  

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

@clairehornby63 

There is the issue that was a reported problem with C4 and other channels on the same MUX.  Are your failed recordings on channels on Mux 3&4?

Channels can be found here https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/platform-management/channel-listings-industry-professionals

YouView were looking into this as it was felt it was nothing to do with the box, but the broadcaster. Unfortunately YouView have now closed their forum, so we will not get an update. Hopefully the staff here @Karl-TalkTalk , will be able to find out more and provide an update.

The advice was to use +1 channels as these are usually on a different Mux.

Failing that, @KeithFrench suggestion is valid, or if you wish to stay with YouView and buy a Humax box, which does not have the same issue as yours, these can be purchased quite cheaply on EBay or from CEX, who also offer a guarantee. The BT Pro box is the latest model that records.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

TalkTalk do not supply this box anymore.

You have two choices, speak to the loyalty dept and see if you can get a suitable deal on one of the new streaming & Freeview only boxes. They do not really have recording capabilities, they can record to a USB flash drive, but only the channel that is currently being watched.

The alternative is to purchase a Freeview recorder with internet catch up etc box yourself. I would look at the offerings from Manhattan or Humax. When this happened to me I bought a Manhattan T3R and am very pleased with it. I don't know if it is still available, as they are due to be bringing out a replacement soon, the T4R.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes