cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Help with setting up new TV box

Ragsab
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi

So I have had my new TV box delivered.   I can't get it to work!

I have noticed my old box has a TV Scart cable running from the TV box to the TV.  Without this my old box doesn't work.

My new TV box delivered today doesn't have the option of using a TV Scart cable.   I'm guessing that my TV (about 15 years old) will not be able to use the new TV box.

Can someone confirm this is the case.

Thank you in advance.

Ragsab
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

@TheOM1 

Please start your own thread as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

TheOM1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Sorry, find using these pages almost as confusing as the problems they're trying to solve.  Have set up new box as directed but getting 'no signal' flag on screen before can reach promised 'on-screen set-up' from there.  Any suggestions please?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi ok thanks for the suggestion.

I'l  see about getting one of those and see if that works.  Fingers crossed.

🙂

Ragsab

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Yes, unless you have an HDMI input it wont connect.

I don't know how good these are but you can get an HDMI to Scart converter cable.

Heres a google search link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hdmi+to+scart+converter&oq=hdmi+to+scart+converter&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvb...

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes