cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Netgem 4k TV Box Apps not working

martinB58
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Last night about 23:30 no catch-up apps were working on our Netgem 4k TV box. Whichever app we chose whether BBC iplayer, ITVX or U all we got was a grey screen. The box, of course was Internet connected or we wouldn't be able to access the apps at all. Tried switching box off and back on but still no joy. Any clues?

I have a video of what was happening and will attach this to the call shortly.

This is not the only issue we have as although the box is quite close to the router it struggles to connect wirelessly, sometimes taking 10-15 minutes to connect and refuses to connect at all on a wired connection (maybe a bad cable although it worked quite happily on the old youview box when we had that).

Thanks

Martin
IT Manager
OSs: Linux Mint, MX Linux, Windows Server 2016/2019 & Windows 10/11
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

The behaviour is not unique to the Netgem box and has been seen with other devices.  We can swap out the box for you however TalkTalk no longer provide the Netgem box and we now issue the Android based TV HUB.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Problem was back last night and it appears I am not alone in getting the problem. Has anything been reported to Netgem?

Martin
IT Manager
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Since I first reported this all has been working fine UNTIL last night when again we had the same issue again, exactly as you describe and exactly as I first reported.

It wouldn't surprise me if the issue self-resolves again but as this only affects the Netgem 4k TV box offering it would appear to me that the issue must be something to do with the Netgem hardware/firmware/streaming platform and that it is something Talktalk should be reporting to Netgem

Martin
IT Manager
0 Likes

Coco65
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

I have the exact same issue on BBC iplayer, itv X, Channel 4 and U. I've reset everything and checked for updates and nothing has worked I still have a blank blue screen 

Message 5 of 9

Hi

Glad the apps are back.  The ITVX app itself has shown this behaviour you mention across other devices, so this would be app related more then box related.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Karl, thanks for the reply. Apps came back without any reset so must have been an issue at the Netgem and/or Talktalk end.

For a while though and only on ITVX we do see problems where after or during adverts the screen goes black and the only solution is to press stop on the controller and go back to programme being watched.

Thanks.

Martin
IT Manager
0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi

Try a full reset of the box.  Press the button on the side 5 times to initiate a reset.  Set the box back up and see if there are any further issues.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

martinB58
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Seems I can't share MP4 videos.

Martin
IT Manager
0 Likes