cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New android tv hub menu latency

Degsy1880
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi all had the new TV hub android box a couple of months now. From day 1 menu navigation and selection has been painfully slow. Button press or selection and sometimes you're waiting a good 20 to 30 seconds for a response. Going through tv guide to search for something to watch is painstakingly slow. 

I've rebooted and I've manually checked for updates and it says I'm up to date. 

Current software version is ttg.12.1.230406

It's connected to fttp full fibre eero placed no more than 10 ft away. 

Anything I can do to speed up this box? 

Thanks 

Darren 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Degsy1880
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Hi sorry for late reply, reset did help matters with latency. But I now have another issue with the box it won't boot up at all, tried power down and a full factory reset and still nothing it glitches as if trying to go through boot menu but won't succeed. Should I start a new thread ? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi

Do let us know how you get on.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Degsy1880
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

I'll try factory reset and report back 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Have you tried a factory reset? 

Doing so may clear any issues with the software 

If it doesn't help please post back for support staff to offer further advice.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes