cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Now tv activation email

dhowick1980
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

Hi, I am really fed up with talk talk now. Recently I added on talk talk tv with now tv and sky sports to my broadband package, I needed the now tv activation email re sent to my updated email address, so 3 days ago I went on live chat and was told it would arrive within 24 hours and it didn't so I phoned and was told the same thing and it still didn't arrive so I went back on live chat and again was told I'd get the now tv activation email within 24 hours and I still haven't had it!!! I am very close to cancelling my talk talk tv as this is ridiculous, THREE TIMES I've been told I would receive the now tv activation email within 24 hours and 3 times i haven't!!! I want to speak to someone higher please and I want this sorted as it's completely unacceptable. Thankyou 

Daniel Howick
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi Karl,

Just to update I have now signed up directly with now tv but thankyou for your help at least it's sorted 

Thanks

Daniel 

Daniel Howick
0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi Karl,

Thankyou for confirming this, if you can't get me the activation link through that's what I'll have to do, frustrating though.

Regards

Daniel 

Daniel Howick
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi Daniel,

The NOW boost on your account will automatically cancel if not activated, so you would not be charged for this, if you do go ahead directly with NOW TV.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi Karl,

Thankyou for your reply but nothing has come through. 

I think the problem might be the system is still picking up my old NOW subscription even though that was under a different email address so it shouldn't. Or it could be that it remembers the first time back on Jan 11th when I tried to activate via an email address that was already registered with NOW (which was why I asked for a new activation email and changed my email address with talk talk) and that even though my email address is completely different now (so i can register with NOW as a new customer)it's still picking up the old one. 

If this is the case then I will probably give up and buy my NOW sports directly with now and ask for the NOW option to be removed at your end, I don't want to do this as it's more expensive that way than through talk talk but it's worth it to not have the hassle and to solve this issue. 

It is frustrating though as the email address I have now is not registered with NOW only my previous email address was so as far as NOW are concerned I should be a new customer. 

If there is no other solution please remove the NOW Boost from my account and I'll sign up with them directly, let me know. 

Thanks

Daniel 

Daniel Howick
0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi

I can see a NOW Sports option waiting to be activated.

I've triggered an activation email that should send to the billing email address, can you check and see if there is one showing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi Karl, I called up & spoke to Natalie in your loyalty team who offered me a recontract with yourselves which I took and as soon as I came off the phone rather than a now tv activation link I had an email come through straight away saying I already had a now tv contract with another provider. I did have this but I don't anymore and it wasn't on the email address I use now anyway so your system is picking up old information probably from when I had the link the first time on the email address I had registered with now tv. The email address I use now is NOT registered with now tv so there is no reason the activation email shouldn't be coming through. Please can you help solve this as the email address I use now is not registered with now tv in anyway so there is nothing to stop me signing up, thankyou. 

Daniel Howick
0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi Karl, Lucy agreed she'd call me at 6.30pm tonight but she's left a voicemail saying she called me, I'm at work which is why I asked her to call tonight, please can you or her send me this now tv sports activation email after adding the now tv sports package 18 months at £20 a month deal to my account, I need this sorted now thankyou Daniel 

Daniel Howick
0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi Karl, will do, I just hope it works this time otherwise I will give up and just sign up for now tv directly with them as this has been going on for far too long. Many thanks, Daniel 

Daniel Howick
0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi Daniel,

Please let me know how things are after my Colleague calls you.

After the order is cancelled, NOW TV product has to be added to the account and this should then trigger the activation email automatically, but no emails can be sent until the product is physically added by our colleagues after the order is cancelled.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi Karl,

Just to update you your colleague Lucy called me last week and has advised there was another order on my account that needed to be cancelled and that she would set up a ticket for that order to be cancelled so I can finally be sent my now tv sports activation email. She did say she would call me tomorrow at 6.30pm but can you please ensure I do get this now tv activation email this time as it has been going on for weeks, the discounted now tv sports offer ends on 14th Feb and I don't want to miss out as it is not my fault I still haven't received the now tv activation email. Please ensure I receive this ASAP thankyou Daniel.

Daniel Howick
0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Usually best to start your own thread, @Woofie1, to avoid confusion on the forum. 

Please go back to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Also complete your community forum profile details. You need to go via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu. Add your Talktalk landline number or account number in Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Woofie1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 20

Having the same problem, been trying to activate Now entertainment and get the usual 'email within 24 hours'. The first one did arrive and did not work and then next promised email never arrived.

New customer getting very frustrated.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hi

I've sent this to the loyalty Team and one of their managers. I've also copied in My Manager.  If I do not hear from them by end of day, I'll get My Manager to escalate this.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

dhowick1980
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 20

Hi Karl,

Thankyou for your email and your help. 

Each time I've phoned I've been told a new NOW TV activation email will be sent, when I called on Monday they did the new order as you've said and told me the new now tv activation email would arrive within 24 hours which of course it didn't. 

Please can this order be completed ASAP (within 48 hours) and new NOW TV activation email sent 

Many thanks for your help

Kind regards 

Daniel 
Daniel Howick
0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi

As the original NOW TV subscription was not activated within 7 days (from 11th Jan), the option then automatically cancelled on the account, so a NOW TV activation email cannot be sent.

I can see you have called in on Monday, and our customer Service colleagues have raised a re-provision order to re-add this back on for you.  The Sports package is being added at a discounted rate also to include the charge for the TV Box.

The order is not yet completed, but when this is done it should trigger an activation email.

I've emailed one of our Customer Loyalty Managers requesting you are contacted directly to progress this.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

dhowick1980
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 20

Hi Karl I've sent you a PM thankyou 

Daniel Howick
0 Likes

MeggaWidget
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 20

Hi Karl, I too would like an activation e-mail i have sent you a PM. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Hi

So that I can locate your account on our system and pick this issue up for you, please can you add your Account number or Home phone number to your 'Community Profile'.

Thanks  

Karl.   

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes