cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

4K Box

Jeanette2020
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi There,

I received the new 4K box a couple of months ago but did not get round to setting it up until recently and I am having some difficulties.

The first issue I was having was that alot of the channel numbers were wrong, mainly the bbc & HD ones and seemed to start with the number 800.

The second issue I had was I couldn't get my Humax box and 4K box to work at the same time on the same TV.

I have had my humax box for a number of years and I use it for recording, when I got the TT Youview box in 2014 an engineer came out to set it up and I have no idea what he done but he set it up so that I had my humax box on the AV part of my TV and Youview box on the HDMI part of my tv and no matter what I have been trying I am unable to get it set up so that they are both working at the same time on my tv, I really need them both to be working at the same time so I can record on my humax box as I do not have a USB stick for the 4K box.

Please can someone tell me if it is possible to have both the 4K box and Humax box working on the same tv at one time? Ideally I would like to record programmes on my humax box and watch live TV on my 4K box at the same time, if this is possible please can someone explain how this can be done as I can only seem to get one working at any one time

I could move my Humax box to another room but I want to avoid this if possible as I only watch TV in the living room and would be a hassle to watch certain stuff in one room and then need to change room to watch other stuff

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

Some TV Boxes such as the older youview boxes and the Humax box have an RF (aerial) out socket on the back.   So its possible you may have had one aerial feed going into one box, then an aerial out to the other box, and the other box to the TV, however it's not possible to connect the newer 4K TV box in this way as it does not have an RF out socket on the back, so this can only work independently, with the aerial connected to the box directly and then the box connected to the TV.

Have a look our Help Article :  Setting up your TalkTalk TV Box - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl,

I am not sure if I have one aerial feed or a splitter, it was a TT engineer who set it all up for me when I got my Youview box so not exactly sure what I have.

If I only have 1 aerial feed how come it worked by outputting one of the boxes to each other with the Youview box but this won't work with the 4K box?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

The 4K TV box needs an aerial connected to it, and a hdmi cable going from the box to the TV.

If you have had 2 boxes connected n the past you may have had one box out putting to the other, with a single aerial feed, in this case it would need an aerial splitter to allow the aerial cable to connect to 2 devices.  An engineer would not be able to provide a splitter and would only set up the 4K box and not your own equipment.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Jeanette2020
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the reply.

I must have 2 ariel feeds as it worked perfectly when it was the Youview box, i could record on my Humax box and watch on my Youview at the same time with no problems at all.

I have no idea how it was set up as it was a TT engineer that set it all up for me.

It is just a simple case of the 4K box has replaced the Youview box so i am not sure why it is not working, nothing else has changed and the 4K box is in the exact same position as the Youview box was.

Please could an engineer come out and set this up for me? I am 90 years of age and really struggling with this, i have spent several hours on it and i cant get it, i have asked my grandson but he cant get it to work either.

Thanks

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Each box will need it's own aerial feed and also your TV ideally will need a separate HDMI input for each.

If you don't have these, then aerial splitters and leads can be purchased on line or my local supermarket also sells them, do try yours 

As for HDMI ports you can also purchase an HDMI splitter which will allow you to attach additional items to your TV. These come as manual or automatic switches, the latter would be my suggestion.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes