cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

REMOTE CONTROL FOR SET TOP BOX NEEDS REPLACING

Talkapunta
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Please refer to the above subject line for the exact and precise reason for this communication which I would have communicated using the chat feature but the bot simply (and rather frustratingly) would not understand my basic words and descriptions which in an age of AI being able to paint piccaso like portraits and amazing pieces of visual art is a bit annoying and it could perhaps be recommended that in future this service is tweaked to recognize simple technical issues communicated by a customer in example 'my remote control is broke' or 'my remote control is broken' etc etc.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Talkapunta
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

Thankyou, will return the box of course! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

I don't have the option currently to order a remote by itself, as we do not have stock of these, so I'll have to get a complete unit our to you, and you can swap remotes and return the box to us.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Talkapunta
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

It's completely kaput, the casing for the diode ( I believe it's called) got knocked off when my nephew and son were playing the featured games one time. It managed to work for a while but then the diode that emits the signal to change channels etc came off aswell, now it's impossible to use without. Tried the application on a device but can't get it to work unless it's paired with the set top which won't switch on without a remote!   

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

Hi Talkapunta

Has the remote failed to work altogether, is it certain functions of the remote etc etc ?

I assume you have replaced the batteries to test ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

I see you have edited both your topic title and later post to clarify which box you mean. Thank you for clearing that up. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

And which model of set top box would that be? I will move this to the TV section and a member of the support team should respond tomorrow. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

The remote control for the 4k set top box. For our television package. I'm using this forum because of the complete lack of clear lines of communication, the chat is useless in communicating this issue I don't want to wait in a phonecall forever and in my experience this is practically the only way to get a clear message about an issue over to the relevant staff. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

@Talkapunta 

I am not a bot, but I don't really understand your question. A remote control for what, exactly?

0 Likes