cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Now boost on EE receiver

deanshaw
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Just a word of caution. If you decide to swap to an EE HDD receiver which is so much more responsive than the TT Huawei units the Now boost will not work. I don’t know how or why but TT are blocking the boost even though the Now app works fine.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Thanks for the replies. Happy it’s working, not happy that I am now paying for something that should have been for free.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi

If you were able to add the Boost directly with Now TV, that tells me that the option was never added correctly to begin with, otherwise the Boost would have shown as already active when you logged into your NOW TV account.

If you cancel any service with NOW TV, they bill in advance, so this would not end until the end of the billing cycle.

Also, there is no guarantee that it would be added again from our side, as there is no physical boost on the system that an agent can add, this is usually tagged on at the back end.  If not correctly added, tickets would need to be raised to external support groups, that could take time to resolve.

If you are happy with what is working currently, my advice would be to continue as is, but ultimately the decision is yours.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Well I am sorry but I couldn’t seem to sort it and yet as soon as I signed up for boost with Now it worked. I can only go on what customer services told me, more than once that boost will only work with TT receivers.

If you can reassure me that it can/will work I will cancel my boost with Now.

Got to say though I am a bit sceptical that it will/does.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi

The NOW Boost would work across any capable device.

To clarify, we do not actually provide the NOW TV services, we allow you to add NOW TV add to bill services.  We have deals in place with NOW TV so we can offer their services with discounts etc but ultimately, every NOW Service you take is provided directly by them, from their servers, as if you signed up directly on their website. So any content from NOW TV, including any HD options originate from their servers as it would directly to any NOW TV Customer, this is why I say we do not block the content.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

It was working on my old TT receiver all I did was swap to the EE box and signed back in to Now. I called and live chatted with TT and no one came up with a solution, only that I had to use a TT receiver for the boost to work.

To be honest, a lot of the time I don’t think customer services know enough about the products.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi

TalkTalk would not block the HD boost. If you have added HD option manually with NOW TV and it is working correctly, that would show that this is not being blocked, but that the option may not have been added correctly at the start.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Any reason why TalkTalk choose to block the Now boost? It’s not as though they can supply any HDD receivers now anyway.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi

OK, thanks for clarifying.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

The problem isn’t about logging on to multiple devices it was trying to get HD and Dolby Digital on my EE HDD receiver to work. I’ve solved it by paying Now for the boost.

I swapped from my old TalkTalk Huawei box as it was becoming unreliable and was always so slow loading apps. The EE TV box pro is so much quicker.

0 Likes

deanshaw
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

It’s not Now TV that is blocked, the app works fine. What doesn’t work is the free boost which gives you HD and Dolby Digital sound. I live chatted more than once with TT and each time that’s what I was told. I got round it by having to pay for the boost from Now.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi

No restrictions I'm aware of. We do not block NOW TV on any devices, but depending on the type of subscription they have with NOW TV that may affect the number of devices that can be used at any one time.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

I'm not sure they are able to. I thought you could log onto multiple devices.

@Karl-TalkTalk are there any restrictions on Now and the devices a customer can log in on?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes