cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Recording on Talktalk TV

firegirl
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

We have recently upgraded to full fibre with Talktalk. We were aware that we were going to lose our recordings on the old TV Plus box, however, we didn’t realise that we can’t record on the TV Hub. How can we get access to the 4K Box as recording programmes is really important to us? We had one of the first recording boxes ever with Talktalk and would like to keep the same level of service.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

If you're looking for a 4K UHD TV Recording box because recordings are important then consider buying the Humax Aura UHD TV Recorder.  This is a Freeview Play certified device having three Digital TV tuners that allows you to record up to 4 different channels at the same time and watch a 5th live channel.

As a standalone TV recorder this doesn't require a TalkTalkTV subscription so in a little over two years the Aura will pay for itself. I bought my Humax Aura in 2021 and it's been perfectly reliable. Register for a two year free warranty from Humax. 

This based on my personal experience. Other TV recorder boxes are of course available so feel free to research and make your choice.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 4

Apparently that’s not possible with the Hub box, only the 4K one, which we don’t have.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Limited to recording one programme at a time, with your own USB stick, @firegirl:

Screenshot_20230820-153506_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes