cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TALKTALK TV BOXES

somaikoha
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

so Im really frustrated! I've just renewed my contract with TalkTalk. I've been with them constantly for over 20 years.. since they were Onetel in fact! I have one of the Huawei boxes. It's started freezing and failing to record (I have tried all sorts including resetting the box to factory settings) Also, of course, I can't utilise my basic, with adverts, Netflix account. I was under the impression that I could have a new box as part of my new contract, as it is not fit for purpose, but now when I chase up, they want to charge me extra, because the old box isn't supplied anymore. That doesn't seem fair and I'm annoyed that it wasn't explained properly that my new monthly price didn't include a new box. I know I can utilise another streaming device for Netflix but I renewed with TalkTalk because of the TV box and its integration. So now Im left in the lurch.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

@firegirl 

The same answer applies I'm afraid, the boxes simply don't exist anymore.

0 Likes

firegirl
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

We are in the same position - customers since Onetel and we had one of the first TV recording boxes ever!

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

TalkTalk cannot supply you with a replacement Huawei box for the simple reason that they are now obsolete. For one of the new boxes you need to pay a monthly fee. 

0 Likes