cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Renewing contract - Tv hub v you view box

Annie9896
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

About to renew contract & being offered TV HUB. CAN I still use the old You view box until I’m ready to install the new tv hub or is it mandatory to ditch it as soon as I agree new contract. Also on the new Hub, do u know if playlists can be FF to skip adverts.

many thanks

Annie
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

If I understand you correctly, you want to be able to FF through adverts? The only way you can do that is with a recordable box, which you already have. To get one from another ISP would cost you substantially more by way of TV services than anything that TalkTalk provide. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Thanks Karl , may have to think about changing ISP 

Annie
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi

you can keep using the older youview box, even after you get the new TV Hub.

You cannot FF through live content that is added to your watch list.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

You can use both boxes in tandem, but will need a separate aerial lead to both. You can do this by buying s simple aerial splitter and cables from your local supermarket or electrical stall at many markets.

And no you cannot skip adverts on the Hub as it uses streaming services such as ITVX once in playlists.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).