cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Replacement TV box

rowlinsk
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

How can I get a replacement tv box please? We have been having problems with glitchy sound and recording failures, I have tried the live chat but they don't seem to be understanding my problem.  I am sure the box is faulty as I tried a new hdmi cable and a different hdmi slot in the tv, have also done hard and soft resets several times.  I have now turned the box off and have attached aerial direct to the tv and are watching freeview through the tv with no problems.  I tried to buy a box but have got so confused with all the different ones on ebay and am a little reluctant.  Can anyone give me some advice please.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

Apologies. Would you still like us to look into this or are you now going to use the alternative TV box?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

I have tried several times and the link you sent me failed.  Please be aware that I have now purchased a Humax recording box from Currys.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 9

Hi rowlinsk

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can send a replacement TV box.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

OK. TalkTalk no longer supply recording boxes like your own. If you wait for the support team to pick this up, hopefully tomorrow, they can advise on the options available. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Thank you but I have tried all the resets to no avail, I feel like I'm going round in circles.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

OK, thanks for that. There are certain steps you can take to reset the box and maybe fix the glitches, have a look here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/TV-Box-Maintenance-Reset/ta-p/1429347

0 Likes

rowlinsk
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

The box is a Huawei DN372T.  I have hopefully completed enough on my profile for my account to be linked. Thank you for replying.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Which make/model of box do you have presently? 

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes