cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Right adapter for hub box - help!

LouiseCN
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I have tonight connected my new TalkTalk Broad band and TV only to find that the ‘hub’ box has an incompatible connecting ‘port’ for my tv aerial.

I’ve been told to get a ‘co-axial to f-type adapter’ but most of them are named the other way around. Does it matter? Essentially the tv aerial used to screw on to the Sky box but on the hub box the port is flat.

Is the below definitely what I want?Not being tight as realise these are inexpensive, just don’t want the hassle / inconvenience of ordering the wrong thing!

Thanks!

Louise

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Connector-Socket-Aerial-Adapter-Silver/dp/B07Z4CLT9N/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=38...

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

It's the socket bottom right you need by the looks of it.

You can usually pick up a lead quite cheaply from local supermarkets and markets.

If you have a market try that and take this picture and a picture of your hub input to ensure you get the right one. Probably a male to male lead.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

LouiseCN
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thank you so much for the reply, much appreciated. I thought that the below was my wall aerial socket as that’s where the aerial plugged into the Sky box, but no I don’t have my own aerial as these are flats so not sure if that means I’ll still need to get one installed.

IMG_5566.jpeg

None of this came up with TalkTalk when discussing the switch 😔

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

If you previously had sky, you will not be able to connect to the hub.

Sky uses a dish and the Hub uses a Freeview Terrestrial aerial.

If you have an aerial fitted yo your property you will possibly have a wall aerial socket and need a coaxial TV cable to join the 2.

If you go not have an aerial you will need to get one installed by a local installer.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).