cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Now TV boost

Sdsec
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I have just signed up to Now Entertainment through TT. I would like to have the Now TV boost so that I don't see adverts. Would I get that boost by adding Sky Cinema? Which would cost me £4.99 a month

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Sdsec
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

Hi again, Karl. I guess it is not proved easy to get the HD Boost added - but I am grateful to you for working on it. Thinking about whether there is another way round this, do you think that cancelling and restarting my Now subscription (through TT) would help me? Another experiment I could try would be to start a free 7 trial of HD Boost on the Now website. But I can see that might make things even more complicated. Anyway, I will appreciate any guidance you can give

Stephen

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi

Stephen, customer support will have to go through the same process, as ultimately only our platform vendor can manually manage the back end system and add the Boost there.

I'll chase this today.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

I appreciate your investigation, Karl. It is good to know what the problem is. I signed up to Now by following the links from the TT promotional email. I am sure plenty of other people will do the same, so I expect there will be others having the same experience. If your contact with the vendor does not help, please let me know so I can try contacting TT Customer Support directly

Thanks, Stephen

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi

The HD boost will never appear on your account, and is added on the back end by a third party vendor that manager the communication between our system and NOW TV systems.

I've checked here and cannot see the HD boost so have raised a request to the vendor to see if this can be added.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Sdsec
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

Thank you for investigating, Karl. Perhaps it is coincidence but I received an email from TalkTalk today that welcomes me to Now TV and lists the features of my subscription including:

"Watch ad-free in full HD on up to three devices at the same time. All at no extra cost. So everyone can make the most of amazing content on NOW. "

So perhaps it is just that the HD Boost has not been enabled and maybe you can arrange this?

Best wishes

Stephen 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi

I've been looking into this case today, and can see that no HD Boost has been applied and this does stop adverts in on demand content etc, Ads will still show on live channels of course.

I'm currently investigating to see why this has happened.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi

We cannot control the advert shown by Now TV, and adding another subscription such as Cinema would not stop this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes