cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Now TV boost

Sdsec
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 38

I have just signed up to Now Entertainment through TT. I would like to have the Now TV boost so that I don't see adverts. Would I get that boost by adding Sky Cinema? Which would cost me £4.99 a month

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 1 of 38

Not with TT. They take the payment for Now which is a good deal at £4.99 but then I pay NOW for the boost. Seems a bit daft that TT can’t sort it, although they did confirm the boost is active, but at least I am still saving a bit.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 38

Thanks!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 38

@Gliwmaeden2 

Just to clarify, we are talking about what NOW call a Boost, which adds HD and multiple device capabilities. Not to be confused with any of TalkTalk's own products. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 38

@MLat78, the agent replied correctly as the TV charge is not a "boost".

It's a charge that goes in tandem with using Talktalk's TV services and would be a feature in your contract if you use a Talktalk box. 

It can't be removed like a boost (usually they can be removed in My Account) but by an agent dealing with your contract. Similarly it would be added at the time of setting up a contract / ordering a Talktalk box, unless you opt out of using Talktalk TV services. 

Please do follow up on your own thread. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 38

OK, they are not "add ons" are they, but NOW memberships? I can see there is room for confusion, though. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 38

The Sports, Cinema & Entertainment Add Ons

0 Likes

Message 7 of 38

@MLat78 

I'm not sure what that means? Which add ons?

0 Likes

MLat78
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 38

Within the chat transcript i enquired about adding the Sport, Cinema and Entertainment packages, i then asked the question whether i could watch on more than one device at a time and the response was yes 3 devices in HD, i then asked if I needed to purchase a Boost for this and the response was, "No just the add ons"

0 Likes

Message 9 of 38

@Sdsec 

I would be interested to see exactly what the email said, because all the other sales info on the web pages makes clear that the NOW Boost is only included when taking out TalkTalk TV. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 38

It appears i have also been incorrectly sold a product that TT cannot deliver, however i do have the transcript that confirms that TT agreed to the service that they are unable to provide

0 Likes

Message 11 of 38

I hope this is the right thread!

My position was maybe unique to me, ML. I signed up for Now as it was promoted in a TT email to include the HD Boost.  TT TV was also available but I did not apply for that as I didn't want it.

TT set me up on Now but without the HD boost. I flagged this to Karl who did a lot of digging for me to discover that TT sales only wanted customers to have Now if they also took TT TV. NOT what the TT promotion emails said. It looks like the reason I was given access to Now was because years ago I'd had a subscription to TT TV.

When Karl raised my complaint about the missing Now HD Boost, TT sales they said I was not eligible for Now at all and cancelled my Now subscription completely.

Summary as I saw it was that TT sold me a service that they had not thought through and subsequently cancelled. It cost me £5 for the 1 month it was partly available so no disaster.

Sd

0 Likes

Message 12 of 38

Hi

The new thread message was for dean.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 38

@MLat78, staff were speaking to @deanshaw, just now, but it really applies to both customers - it causes nothing but confusion if you get muddled up on the thread of the original poster when you need separate support on your own threads.

Please only follow up on your own topic. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 38

My issue has been ongoing for 2 weeks, however this appears to be a long term problem for Talk Talk rather than a one off for me.

0 Likes

MLat78
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 38

Hi Karl,

I already have my own thread but no resolution

0 Likes

Message 16 of 38

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

deanshaw
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 38

I’ve had all sorts of issues with Now from TT. Couldn’t get the boost to work on my EE box, was told by TT that I would need a TT hub. They sent one but still the boost does not work, no 5.1 surround from Now, yet Netflix works fine. They sent the hub for free even though I don’t pay for their TV subscription, I suspect that has something to do with it.

0 Likes

MLat78
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 38

Hi,

Did you ever receive a solution to this issue, as i am experiencing the same problem and Talk Talk are responding as if it a new problem that they have never encountered?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 38

Hi

I did flag this to the product managers and they are telling me this cannot be added back without including TalkTalk TV.  The system will not allow us to manually add this here.

They are looking into why the original email was sent, and think it was related to TalkTalk TV being in place on a previous contract some time ago.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Sdsec
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 38

You weren't successful in contesting with the product team, Karl, and my subscription to Now has been removed from my account. It would have been polite of TT to at least ask me whether I wanted to continue with it but no, just ended. I am not impressed. This has cost me £5 for the month that Now was active and plenty of wasted time. The cost to TT is goodwill and a lot of it. A pity after so many years of being a TT customer.

Thanks for your efforts

Stephen 

0 Likes