cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talk TV is being missold

damo82
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I was told I could get live TV over wifi with the TalkTV hub. It's now arrived and I have no live tv. It's saying connect aerial. We don't have an aerial. Trying to get support over chat is worse than pulling teeth. 

TalkTV is nothing more than android TV, and has added nothing that our smart TV can do otherwise.

I've also got no idea how to access the Now TV package I'm paying for.

What is worse is that I cannot seem to register myaccount - despite putting in the correct account number, name, dob and postcode, it just says user not found. 

Have tried live chat and no-one seems to be able to help.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

The TV Hub box does need power, using a power cable.

The TV Hub box does need a TV antenna connection, using an antenna cable, to deliver live TV content for all tuned-in off-air TV channels.

The TV Hub does not need an Ethernet broadband connection cable if there's a good Wi-Fi broadband connection to and from the Wi-Fi Hub.

The blurb is not at all misleading given that the reasonable interpretation is about the broadband connection by Wi-Fi.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

No more wiresNo more wires

Well this is completely misleading then, and untrue

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

The two current TV boxes are Freeview HD with at least one having 4K capabilities and as such they do require a suitable TV aerial. The internet is required for Catchup & watching content from the usual players such as the Player, ITV hub, channels 4 & 5 etc. In addition, I think that both have Amazon Prime & Netflix etc. Obviously, some of these require a subscription.

In the FAQs you will find this Q&A:-

Do I need a TV aerial to watch Freeview channels with TalkTalk?

Yes, you do need an aerial for live channels to work. But you can find Freeview shows on demand through our streaming apps. Some platforms like BBC iPlayer and Demand 5 will even let you watch their channels live.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?