cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TalkTV 4K Box 4 min. Recording Delay

Crusader300
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi, When I record onto the memory stick, the majority of the time it starts 4 minutes later than the program scheduled time and I therefore miss the first 4 minutes of the program. this mainly happens on series recording, but also on singular. The box starts up before hand with the light coming on at the front of the box. There is nothing else trying to record around the start time and I'm not watching anything else at the time.

Is there a setting or is it just a feature?

Chatty Man
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Karl

Leave it as it is. Let's see if others report it to see if it is my box or as you say triggered by the broadcaster.

Thanks

Joe

Chatty Man
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

OK, all recordings are triggered by the broadcaster, but if you think the box itself could be at fault, we can swap this out.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Karl

Yep, done that also, no change.

Thanks

Joe

Chatty Man
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

OK, you could try a reset of the box to make sure its working as it should, but this will make you re-format the usb stick to initialise it.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Karl

Thanks, I have tried that.

Joe

Chatty Man
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi

start times for recordings are triggered by a signal from the broadcaster, so we / you are unable to affect this.

Try leaving the box on and see if the recording starts sooner.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes