cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TalkTalk TV 4K Box and Full Fibre

Message 9 of 9

I moved to full fibre last year. When I renewed my account after that last April I was told TalkTalk TV was no longer available but my old box would keep working. This is one of the older, bigger boxes.

What I was told obviously wasn't true as TalkTalk TV is still available and from reading posts I see the new 4K streaming wi-fi box was available as long ago as last year. I also see that the new ITVX service required a newer box and that I could have been sent one. Other posts seem to indicate this new box works with full fibre.

But I just called TalkTalk technical support and they said the latest TV box DOESN'T work with full fibre.

So... please tell me if the latest wi-fi TV box does or doesn't work with full fibre broadband.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 9

No worries. It would have been better had your initial contact advised you that TalkTalk TV is not available with City Fibre, rather than 'full fibre" generally. Or why this doesn't appear to be made clear on any of the TV marketing/sales pages. Kudos to @Gliwmaeden2 for spotting that is the case, it is news to me.

I doubt we will hear from TalkTalk why this is the result of a "business decision" as there are no technical reasons I can think of. But it will be interesting to see their response here nonetheless. 

Message 2 of 9

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Message 3 of 9

It is now obvious that TalkTalk has routinely mislead me or at least not been full with the truth.  They told me in April that TalkTalk TV was no longer available, not that it wasn't available specifically because I was a City Fibre customer.  Worse yet, after City Fibre was installed in my area, TalkTalk sent me an email suggesting that I move to City Fibre.  Apart from the loss of TalkTalk TV, I spent months trying to find out why voicemail never worked after I moved to full fibre broadband. Eventually, TalkTalk said it was an issue between them and City Fibre and that they had no idea when it would be fixed.  In the end I had to invest in a new phone with voicemail. I don't think TalkTalk cares and I don't think they were honest with me.

I suggest people be wary of full fibre (although it is being forced on us) and that they also be wary of TalkTalk, especially where City Fibre is in use.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

@KevinfromSolihull, again, in April this year:

1000004383.jpg

AND:

1000004384.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

@KevinfromSolihull, is it a City Fibre installation?

As recently as last October, I have found a staff reply saying:

Unfortunately, at this time, the TV product / 4K Box etc is not available with City Fibre plans and so one cannot be supplied.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

From what you said a Roku or Firestick would meet your needs to a certain extent, with all the latest apps available. They won't give you the backwards EPG, though. If you buy such a device outright it will be cheaper in the long term than paying the TalkTalk TV charge of £5 a month for one of their boxes. Then again, if you contact the loyalty team they may be able to give you a discounted offer. All up to you in the end, of course. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

I have an older TV in the lounge which doesn't have all the latest apps, etc.  All I really want to do is what I previously did with my old TalkTalk box which is be able to see and use the TV guide for the past 7 days for easy catch-up and to be able to use various apps such as iPlayer, ITVX, netflix, etc.  ITV Hub worked on my box but the new ITVX doesn't.  We also use pause and rewind.

It sounds like I need to press TalkTalk for the latest box although I don't really want to pay extra as I would have negotiated TV as an on-going benefit had they not told me last April that TV was no longer available.  Maybe I would be better just buying a Firestick or Rocu??

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Any box will work on any type of internet connection, subject to minimum speed levels of course. Heaven knows what the advisor was thinking about. 

Beyond that, what would you like to have with any added TV service? 

0 Likes