cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talktalk 4K TV box

PoppyRossi
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

After a discussion with Talktalk about the problems I was having with my TV box I was told a new 4K box would be the solution  -  this arrived a few days ago.  I followed instructions for set up and all seemed well until I did a channel scan which brought up no results - I can only receive digital channels - no terrestrial ones.  The TV guide starts at no. 836 - no sign of BBC channels.  Screen also told me no region was available either.

Could this be because my TV is 3HD and not compatible with the 4K box?  (My TV works perfectly fine.)  I was not asked about my TV before I was sent the new box.  Your help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

Glad the TV Box is working now.  The Remote cannot cannot control the TV directly so you may need the TV Remote also.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thank you Karl,

You were right - the problem was with the aerial - although plugged in, it had become slightly detached so not working.  All is fine now and I have all the channels.

The instructions for setting up the box suggest there is an option to change the HDMI selection on the remote but the remote that came with the box does not have that option, unlike my previous one.  Does this mean I am going to have to always use 2 remotes to access programmes on the new box?

Thanks again,

Poppy

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

The 4K TV box must have a terrestrial aerial plugged directly into the aerial port on the back of it. Any satellite cable etc will not work, his must be from a standard external aerial and must plug directly into the back of the 4K TV box for it to tune the channels.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

PoppyRossi
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi again,

Thanks for your reply.
We simply replaced the cables from the old box into the corresponding ports on the new box.
We also have a satellite box for Italian TV and I think the aerial goes in there and not in the TV as the aerial port on the TV is empty.  As I simply did a straightforward swap of cables I am puzzled.
Any ideas?
Thanks again,
Poppy
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Do you have the Aerial cable plugged directly into the 4K TV Box or the TV ?

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes