cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talktalk TV hub iplayer UHD not working

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 125 of 125

Hello 

All

I wanted to ask has anyone got Iplayer UHD working on the TalkTalk TV hub 

Are TalkTalk aware of this ?

Is there any fix for this

Thanks

0 Likes
124 REPLIES 124

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 121 of 125

My TV Is compatible 

I have seen others that are having the same issues as me on the forum

0 Likes

Message 122 of 125

The TV Hub as explained will only show content your TV can play. There is some software in there, either at box level or App level that identifies your TVs capabilities.

It is not a fault. Support staff switched a box recently for someone and the results were the same.

I was asked to test the box on my TVs and the results confirmed this.

The Netgem box isn't so cleaver and shows all content.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 123 of 125

I borrowed a Netgen box and UHD works on My TV with that box but does not with TV Hub

I know there should be UHD showing on iplayer and it does but only when I used the Netgen box

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 124 of 125

UHD programmes are only shown in the menu if your TV is a 4k one.

I have 2 TVs and UHD programmes show on this, but don't when I swap the box to my HD ready TV 

You also need to use a suitable HDMI cable that carries 4k signals. The supplied cable should do so, but some have used their old one that was in place which was not a 4k capable one.

The TV also needs to tell the box it's 4k. Check your TV to see if you need to "install" equipment. I have to on my LG.

Hope that answers your question.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes