cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talktalk TV hub iplayer UHD not working

Ineedhelpfrom
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 72 of 72

Hello 

All

I wanted to ask has anyone got Iplayer UHD working on the TalkTalk TV hub 

Are TalkTalk aware of this ?

Is there any fix for this

Thanks

0 Likes
71 REPLIES 71

Message 1 of 72

Thanks for the update

0 Likes

Message 2 of 72

Hi

I will relay this back to the devices Team.  They have also asked the box is swapped out just to rule out an individual fault with that box, so one is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 72

Have the TalkTalk team contacted the BBC Iplayer team because the BBC Iplayer team are still saying this box is not certified and does not work with Iplayer UHD

This is a problem with the TalkTalk TV Hub and not with compatibility issues with My TV 

As mentioned before it does not make sense that Youtube 4K and UHD works on the TalkTalk TV Hub as well as the box outputs 4K / UHD on the android level but then does not work on Iplayer UHD

The Netgem box works fine on  Iplayer UHD so why this got broken when the TalkTalk TV Hub got released is bizarre

Please send this to the TalkTalk devices team

Thanks

I am happy to provide any details about the box settings but you do not need My TV and model number 

Fixing this will be helping lots of customers on a large scale

0 Likes

Message 4 of 72

Hi

Our devices Team are asking for the Make / Model of the TV or device you are connecting the box to, so they can further investigate.  You do not have to post this info publicly, but you can drop me a PM so this info is private.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 72

Hi

I've passed your comments to our Devices Team.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 72

I got another email back from The BBC Iplayer team and they are saying the TV Hub is not support to play UHD content

Please pass this onto the TalkTalk devices team and ask them to clarify with the BBC Iplayer team 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 72

I did test the TV Hub on another TV and iplayer UHD did not work neither so this means something is not right on the TV Hub

0 Likes

Message 8 of 72

According to the bbc iplayer team they are not certified

please pass this to the devices team 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 72

Which is also why both I and @ferguson asked you for your TV details very early on.

And as I mentioned UHD is playable via my LG 4k TV but not my HD Samsung TV.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 10 of 72

Hi

The Hubs are certified and do play UHD content.  I have one here that plays UHD content from Iplayer on my LG TV.

I've dealt with another customer in the past that had a couple of TV's.

IPlayer would play UHD content on one model, but not the other, so clearly an issue between the TV and the box.

This is one of the reasons I ask for the TV model for testing.  I also advise customers to test their box on another TV to verify this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 11 of 72

Hi 

I got a reply from The BBC Iplayer team and they are saying the TV Hub needs to be certified in order for the Iplayer to play UHD content

0 Likes

Message 12 of 72

Thanks @Karl-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 72

Hi

I've passed this into to our devices Team.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 72

Here is the requested information

youview, version

Version 2024-01-10-0a212a0d12-tta

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 72

Hi

They have asked if you can confirm the CL (custom launcher) version for youview.

Go to: Settings / Apps / See all apps / Show system apps / System apps > Scroll to bottom to click on YouView (alphabetically)

How to check the CL version within app?

Highlight the text box and click ok; then version displays on the Right-Hand Side (RHS)

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 72

Hi

I'll see what the device manager says.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 17 of 72

I am really not comfortable in sending My google Id I used to setup the box

I can give the serial number

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 72

Hi

If you can drop me a PM with your google ID, the devices team can look at the device specifically and track that ID for any issues or errors collected from the logs of the device.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 19 of 72

I have posted the version

I dont know why you need My Google ID I used to setup the box

0 Likes

Message 20 of 72

Why do you need My google Id 

The version is below

TTG-5.12.1-230406

0 Likes