cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talktalk TV hub iplayer UHD not working

Ineedhelpfrom
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 72 of 72

Hello 

All

I wanted to ask has anyone got Iplayer UHD working on the TalkTalk TV hub 

Are TalkTalk aware of this ?

Is there any fix for this

Thanks

0 Likes
71 REPLIES 71

Message 21 of 72

Hi

Ok,  if you can let me know the box version as in the post above, and PM the details of your google ID , I can pass this along.  I am speaking with our devices team directly and they are asking for this info.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 72

The BBC Iplayer app is built in and is not available in the app store 

It is running the latest software and no software update is available

0 Likes

Message 23 of 72

Hi

Also, check BBC Iplayer is updated to the latest version :

Home Screen,

Apps (All Apps),

Google Play Store,

Scroll up to Apps,

Manage apps and games,

Updates,

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 72

Hi

Can you confirm the software version of the TV Hub you have - 

Home Button > Settings Cog > Device Preferences > About > Release

Should look something like TTG-5.12.1 etc.

Also drop me a PM (Personal Message) to confirm your Google ID you used when setting up the box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 25 of 72

Thanks Karl

Please do escalate this and I am sure this  will be fixed 

Please keep us updated

Thanks again

0 Likes

Message 26 of 72

Hi

So this would show that the TV Hub is outputting content in UHD and the issue does lie within the IPlayer App not identifying the TV or device it is connected to correctly, so this does look like an app issue specifically, however I will need the device details to pass across to our Teams.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 27 of 72

As I mentioned yesterday 

Yes Youtube 4K and UHD works perfectly 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 72

Hi

Also, just another question, if you search YouTube for UHD Videos, do these play ok?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 29 of 72

As mentioned previously you have escalated for others without a TV model 

I will appreciate it very much if you can escalate as I am sure you will find out it is a problem with the TV hub as more customers are going to be describing the same issue

The BBC iplayer team are telling me to speak to TalkTalk

At least you can try to send to the escalations team at TalkTalk

0 Likes

Message 30 of 72

Hi

I need to ask our Teams to look at this. They will require the make and model of TV so they can fully investigate.  they may have access to a number of TV models for testing to recreate the issue or may be able to research or in some cases email the manufacture for more information etc. 

I cannot escalate this further without this information.  You have reported this to BBC directly, and if there is a specific issue with the app itself, that is something they will need to address, we have no control over the App or it's compatibility with any devices.  Our Teams can look specifically at the TV HUB to see if there are any issue with that.

I have a Samsung mobile phone.  Some of the apps available via the play store may not be compatible with the phone.  That is not the responsibility of Samsung, but the makers of the app.

In the same scenario, we are responsible for looking after the TV HUB that we provide, but cannot be responsible for the behaviour of each individual app, this will always be the realm of the developers of that app.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 31 of 72

You have escalated this for other members that have had this issue on this forum without asking them for the TV model 

Yet you are not doing that for me 

Do not arrange a returns  bag

0 Likes

Message 32 of 72

Hi

Then by all means, stop using the Hub. I can send a returns bag out for you to return this. Would you like me to arrange a returns bag for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 33 of 72

As mentioned previously this is not a problem with My TV 

Please escalate otherwise I will 

Stop using the TV hub 

0 Likes

Message 34 of 72

Hi

In order to feed this back to the Team for testing and research I will need the make & Model of TV.

Not all TV's will be compatible, and this may be an issue with the app itself.  If so, you have mentioned you have reported this to BBC.  If this is a possible issue with the TV Hub, our Teams can look into this, however without the TV make / Model I am unable to take this further.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 35 of 72

As mentioned previously this is a problem with the TV hub and not with My TV

I've seen others experiencing the same issue on the TalkTalk forums as well as other forums

I will appreciate it very much if you can send this to the appropriate team 

If not I will stop using the TV hub 

0 Likes

Message 36 of 72

Hi

Please give the make / model of TV or I cannot pass this to the team for investigation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 37 of 72

Please forward this to the relevant team 

If it is working with the netgem box then why is it not working with the TV hub

It is not a problem with my TV

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 38 of 72

Hi

Please can you provide the make / Model number of your TV and I can feed this back to our devices teams.

Not all TV's will be compatible with the UHD function of some apps or players, and this will always be the responsibility of the respective broadcasters to implement any changes or updates to their apps.

We cannot guarantee that these apps will be fully compatible with all Makes / Models.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 39 of 72

TalkTalk will have to liaise with BBC and the manufacturer of the box for a fix 

0 Likes

Message 40 of 72

OK. I haven't got a TV Hub to test with myself I'm afraid. But I have just checked on my LG 4K Smart TV and the iPlayer is working just fine with UHD content on that. Let's wait for the support team now.

0 Likes