cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Using the 4k box

Geordyboy1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Using the 4k box there are occasions when the tv is stuck on 1 channel and nothing happens when pressing another channel number it appears on the screen but does not change. Then I have to switch off all power and wait till everything comes back on and it’s ok

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Sorry about the late reply I am pretty sure that what you suggested has done the job. Sorry about the delay in responding but I couldn’t get the code into the box it kept saying it wasn’t the right code. Thanks again much appreciated 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Geordyboy1 

Are you still having issues with channel changes ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

This usually happens when recording.

What happens if you try changing channels using the up/ down button? Is it still frozen on the channel?

If you weren't recording I'd suggest resetting the box which will reinstall the software and hopefully clear any bugs.

To do this, press the button on the left hand side 5 times in quick succession with the box on and it will restart, or use the factory reset option within the settings menu.

You will lose any recordings though, if you have a usb stick installed.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).