cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

You view box

Peter1005
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

My you view box which I have had for many years has stopped recording, playing back and I cannot switch channels, I have tried all troubleshooting to no avail.

I need a new box how do I get one?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Peter,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

You say you have tried all options to rectify 

To clarify, have you tried a soft reset? To do this hold the power button on the front for around 10 seconds and the box should restart.

If this doesn’t work then have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Set antenna Out to On in Settings: Picture and Sound / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu you've just used above. You will lose your recordings but you may be asked to do this before the Support Staff look at other alternatives.

TalkTalk now only supply non-recordable boxes, So it's best to try all alternatives if recording is important to you.

As for a new box, you will need to phone and probably recontract to obtain a new box.

Try phoning 0345 172 0088

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529#

Hope it works and please let us know how you get on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes