cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

3 Months Free scam

Mcsauron
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Door salesman offered me a good deal but as my VM contract wasn't up for 4 months I told him I would check it out in January.

Now obviously he wanted the sale, so he said the first 3 months were free. But this was September, 3 months free didn't cover me till January when vm contact was up.

Don't worry about it he said, we will hold off connection till 25th of October so you won't ever be paying twice.

Fine I said. Spoke with his manager on the phone to clear it because the deal wasn't on in October. Reading these forums I doubt the deal is ever on.

So that brings us to today. I've been connected for 6 days and I get a full bill in. I went on to chat and they have no record of the 3 months free. It's not possible for me to pay 75 to virgin and 50 to talk talk for 3 months. They said I'm contracted from 25.10.23 till 24.4.25.

Now to me, that means I'm contracted for 18 months.

Good, I'll just cancel it then and reconnect in January.

Oh no no, the deal was done on 25th of September. I am outwith my 14 day cancellation period. How can I cancel a service I'm not getting for a month in the future???

One month free is all they can do or pay 288 quid to cancel a service I've had for 6 days. 

I've been absolutely robbed here

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi @Mcsauron 

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

I have moved this to the Billing section where it will be more appropriately dealt with. Please make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that the support team can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes