cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Unexpected bill reminder

dazzleman1
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi

I cancelled my TalkTalk service a while ago and I was given the date of 16th Oct when my service would end. About a week after that I received a returns bag and have sent all my TalkTalk equipment back.

On the 22nd Oct I received a bill for £8.86, payment by the 30th.

On the 23rd Oct I received a bill for £8.86, payment by the 31st.

Today is the 31st and I've just received a reminder for the first bill due on the 30th. I'm a little confused by this, firstly to have received two bills for the same amount a day apart, and secondly, I've not yet cancelled the direct debit so if I owe TalkTalk money they should be able to take it.

Any help on this? I wouldn't want to get charged an admin fee too !!!

Thanks, dazzleman1

EDIT: Have just checked with the bank that the direct debit is still live and it is.

EDIT2: Have just checked with the bank (again) and a payment of £8.86 was taken today (31st) by TalkTalk. I'm still unsure if there's this phantom bill that was due on the 30th that they're still trying to charge me for!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi dazzleman1

The bill covers the period from the last bill to your cancellation date, I can confirm the direct debit has been taken and the account is now fully cancelled you will receive your final zero balance bill shortly.

Sorry for any confusion.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Very odd, @dazzleman1.

I wonder if it stems from when you cancelled and had to make a second call as the first one appeared to cut off and then a message came through etc, as detailed here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Cancellation-confirmation/td-p/2989894

..... or it's just another Talktalk billing muddle with no logical explanation!

Arne should be able to get to the bottom of it.

Your post is in the queue for attention. Please look out for a reply from TT staff during the day.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes