cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Bar not lifted after payment

JH2024
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

My internet is still not working after paying for the restriction lift, could i possibly be a future fiber customer and this is causing an error? I have made the payment, is their anyway of manually lifting the bar? And I have seen posts on the talktalk forum that people habe run into the same issue and had to wait 3-4 days for reconection. I don't understand why there is a policy in place to not manually lift the bar until after a 24 hour period.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi JH2024

Restrictions can take between 2 and 24 hours to come off the line. I can see that the bar has been removed since your post. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

I'll move this to the billing section for staff to check what's going on on My Account etc, @JH2024.

Staff are on here daytime, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for a fast response! Yeah I have several times. I have spoken to TT about it but haven't been given any information as to why we have to wait 24 hours (For automatic bar lift.) before the bar is manually lifted. I've been told it's a policy but haven't been given any information why. I was also told over the phone by a different TT helper that the bar COULD possibly be manually lifted today. I'm at a stump.

Previous ISP's have never had this issue, I have missed payments in the past and when resolved have had an immediate bar/restriction lift.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Have you switched off the router for fully 30 minutes, @JH2024?

It's a tip TT give to restart after being disconnected. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes