cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

no new tv box for you

limbophonic
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hello, i renewed my contract 24/07/24 in the contract we agreed that i do not pay for the tv services, but i requested a new tv box that can work with itvx player, i don't beleive i was told i can not have a new tv box during the negotiations, i received a follow up call from talktalk today 31/07/24 asking how my service was, i said i have not received a new tv box yet, she said there has been no order for a new box for you, she said i will put you throught to someone else...speaking to another person  i'm told i will have to pay £2.50 month for tv services to receive this new box, i dissagreed explaining that when i renewed contract it was agreed that i did not pay for tv services, we did not come to an agreement, i mentioned i might look at alternative provider, at which point she read out talktalk terms conditions and send and email. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi limbophonic

The only way to get a new box is too add the TV charge to your account. 

Regards

0 Likes

limbophonic
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

ok thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

@limbophonic, the new TV box comes with a rental charge - £5.00, so they are offering you that at half price. 

It's no longer the "TV Charge" which would usually have applied to the old box, but could be discounted too.

So it may be this change of how they charge for TV services with the new box that has triggered an issue. 

I'll move this to the billing section for you as it is really a question about what can be added to your account, rather than a fault with how a box functions etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes