cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Bill

MateuszSawicki
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

Just received talktalk bill and there are some charges of £19.92 for phone usage while I don't have phone, just Fibre65. Can someone take a look into it please? 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 2 of 13

Glad you got it sorted, @MateuszSawicki.

It's astonishing how frequently crossed wires still crop up - not just a thing of the past!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Thank you for your help.

Appreciate it! 👍

Message 4 of 13

Hi @MateuszSawicki

Looks like the crossed line issue is resolved, there have been no further calls on the line and a credit has been raised to clear the calls made. 

Regards.

Message 5 of 13
0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi,

Did what you asked for in PM.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi MateuszSawicki

It does appear your have a crossed line,  I can start to help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

Message 8 of 13

That is the ordinary master socket so you have Fibre to the cabinet and a landline number. 

Staff will follow this up during the day, but it's not just a billing fault.

There is a technical fault here which probably involves another customer's phone line being crossed with yours and you are picking up the tab for their calls - that's my best guess anyway.

You must wait for staff to reach your thread during the day. 

Each post delays the progress of the thread in the queue for attention, so look out for their reply and follow up with them. They will need to work to resolve the technical fault, which will keep generating phone call charges until it is sorted.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

I cannot barrow a handset. What is the other way to fix it? My previous contract was till June and I received an offer of new contract for £26 per month, after I signed it there was additional cost for unlimited UK boost which I didn't know about it and now it is again something wrong with my bill. 

This is my socket:

IMG_20230924_162447535.jpg

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Looking at a post from June, you have a landline, @MateuszSawicki.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Unlimited-UK-Calls-Boost/td-p/2977531

If you have not knowingly upgraded to Full Fibre and there were no new installations that I am sure that you'd have noticed, you're still on Fibre to the cabinet and your router plugs into a traditional BT /Openreach master socket:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

If you can borrow a handset, that is the quickest way to check what is going on. Staff will be back after the weekend to follow up. 

0 Likes

MateuszSawicki
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

How I can check if it's fibre 65 to the premisses or fttc?

I use to pay just fibre, I don't have handset and never had. Recently I had very bad connection and technician fixed it, do you think this might be related? Probably I have landline but never use it as I don't have handset for that. How to fix it please?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Do you have Full Fibre 65 (to the premises), @MateuszSawicki or ordinary FTTC?

If the latter, there's still a landline to the house and it would be worth borrowing a handset to plug in and check what is read back to you when you dial 17070.

If it's not your familiar number, there's a cross wire somewhere and someone else is clocking up phone calls on your number. 

0 Likes