cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Charge for engineer's vissit

Superh00per
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 2 of 2

•  

Account no. **removed**. Engineer charge. repair case REP-13410467

•  

Dear Talk Talk

Thank you for your reply of December 19th to my recent email regarding a charge for a visit by an engineer. Once again it seems that someone is 'moving the goalposts' in order to shift the blame onto me.

Previously you had said that I did not give the engineer access to the property to conduct his enquiry. Now you're saying that I DID give him access but I had tried a new house phone. I did not have another phone to use, it was the engineer's orange test phone that HE plugged in to the socket and let me listen to hear that the line was now working. He also suggested that BT may have been working in the area on September 21st and any work they were doing may have contributed to my loss of service.

I would ask you once again to look at my original email of October 22nd to see the ACTUAL order of events.

I had no service.
    I contacted Talk Talk.
    I followed your procedures.
    I was at home when the engineer called.
    I gave the engineer access to the property.
    HE tested the line and told me it was working.
    HE allowed me to listen on HIS equipment.
    YOU have charged me for following your instructions.
    This does not seem fair.

I await your reply but if I am not satisfied I will, in due course, contact the ombudsman for their decision.

Regards
    Richard Peck
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Superh00per

I can see that a credit has been raised on your account, You will be able to request a refund via My Account in the next 24 hours. 

Regards

0 Likes