cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Charged twice

AnaxDias
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

Hi. Moved recently and requested Talk Talk to move the service. When they checked, the service that I was using was not available in my new place therefore they told me that the only solution would be to cancel my contract and send out a new one with the new service which I agreed. With this my original account would be cancelled and I would be getting a new one. The new account was set up however I was still charged for both accounts. I need a solution as I cannot afford keep paying twice. 

Ana Dias
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

It will be used against your current bill, so there will be no payment this month and the remainder will come off next months bill. 

0 Likes

AnaxDias
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 16

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

Thank you for sorting this out.

can you please just let me know where can I access/ see the credit?

Thank You

Ana Dias
0 Likes

Message 3 of 16
0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Once it shows in My Account, @AnaxDias, you can simply put it towards ongoing bills or claim it back to your bank account following instructions in My Account. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi @AnaxDias

The old account has now been cancelled and the outstanding balance has been cleared. 

The double payment from last month will be credited to your new account. 

Regards.

0 Likes

AnaxDias
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 16

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

Any update on the below?

Also wondering if the extra money I paid last month will be debited in my account as I didn’t use the service - Can you please clarify?

Thank You

Ana Dias
0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi @AnaxDias 

Sorry that this is still ongoing. 

The service has ceased to the property, but the billing account has remained active, I have logged this to the relevant team to have the old account updated to cancelled. 

I will update you when the problem is resolved. 

0 Likes

AnaxDias
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 16

Hi All . Another update- decided to try the chat and see if anyone would be willing and able to help me with my issue. After speaking with 5 different people and being passed between the full fibre team and the loyalty team at least 3 times still no one was able to help me and guess what? They provided me with the same phone number for me to call to solve the issue. Honestly this is getting out of hand and I just want my old account to be cancelled as it should have been done more than a month ago.

Ana Dias
0 Likes

AnaxDias
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 16

So today I called back and they were unable to connect me to the Loyalty Team so I was given another contact number to try my luck. When I call this number my call was forwarded again to the same person who gave me the number and once again they were unable to connect me with the relevant department. I am still looking for this to be solved and spent over 4 hours chasing talktalk for an error which came from their side. I will get billed again soon and 50 pounds more will come out of my account for no reason as this account should be closed by now. I don’t see the end to this and honestly I am losing my hope after so many unsuccessful calls with no solution.

Ana Dias
0 Likes

AnaxDias
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 16

On top of all of this I am no longer able to access my old account as it is linked to my email and when I login it connects to my new account.

Also, all the 3 equipments I had have been already returned - I am attaching a picture of the receipts as proof of postage and would appreciate if someone could get back to me confirming that the account is closed and that the equipments arrived and no fee will be requested.

I am spending way too much time and nerves to try to sort out an issue that was cause by talktalk negligence. 

81B0DE30-40B2-42C8-8705-B67F6B633EBE.jpeg
Ana Dias
0 Likes

AnaxDias
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 16

Thank you @Gliwmaeden2 

i can confirm that my old account number was added to the private notes section.

Really need this to be sorted as I cannot afford to keep paying for a service that is linked to my old address and I am no longer using

Ana Dias
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

I'll re-escalate this for you, @AnaxDias.

Check that the old account information was actually saved in Private Notes. You must click SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will follow up after the weekend. I'm sorry that there's no way to reach Talktalk before Monday now, by phone. You can use Chat on Sunday. 

See opening hours on this link:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes

AnaxDias
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 16

Just called talktalk who confirmed my old account is still active. Didn’t manage to get any help and was asked to call back on Monday. Really need to get this sorted as I am not willing to pay for another bill linked to my old address. @Arne-TalkTalk my old account number was added to the notes - can I get any support on this? 

Ana Dias
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

@AnaxDias Can you add your old account number to the private notes section of your community profile.

Thank you

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

It sounds as though this wasn't processed correctly, @AnaxDias.

Not fair on you having to pay for services in two places! Staff will be back after the weekend to respond.

Your thread is in the queue for attention. 

0 Likes