cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Contract Summary change without consent

Hugh88
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I wonder if you can help with this or get someone to contact me on my mobile (as I've no landline due to VoIP issue) even an e-mail would be welcome. I tried the on line chat around 6pm yesterday but couldn't get anyone. I checked my on line account today and was alarmed to find that I'd received a revised contract summary dated 03 Nov 2023. The undernoted extract concerns me regarding the estimated speeds.  

Date 3 Nov 2023
TalkTalk Fibre 150
Contract summary
• This contract summary provides the main elements of this service offer as required by UK law.
• It helps to make a comparison between service offers.
• Complete information about the service is provided in other documents.
Services and equipment
Your TalkTalk Fibre 150 plan includes Digital Voice. Our TalkTalk Wi-Fi Router is included free of charge
Speeds of the internet service and remedies
You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 36.00 Mbps and 37.00 Mbps with a
minimum guaranteed download speed of 35.00 Mbps and upload speed of 7.00 Mbps

Now the above is totally different to what was agreed on the 13th Oct 2023 i.e. 

Speeds of the internet service and remedies
You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 150.0 Mbps and 153.0 Mbps with a
minimum guaranteed download speed of 120.0 Mbps and upload speed of 30.0 Mbps
We'll try to ensure you get the estimated speeds; however, we can't guarantee this. If, you're regularly getting significantly lower download speeds, please contact us so we can try to help improve your speed. If after 30 days following your reporting of the problem to us, your download speed still regularly falls below the minimum guaranteed download speed, you may cancel the service without penalty. 

Why has my package contract information been changed. This is not what I agreed to. As far as I am concerned this is a breach of conract. I would also state that on a practical level I am only getting download speeds of up tp 9Mbps. The speeds I am receiving do not comply with the Broadband Speed Code of Conduct. I understand that there may be a bedding in period and speeds can vary during this time, however, I am concerned regarding this unagreed change to my contract and require clarification.  Is someone getting confused with my previous fibre 35 package. I'd appreciate any help you can give regarding this.

Hugh

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Arne . Many thanks .

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Hugh88

I will try to find out how to get the documents updated to reflect the correct minimum speeds. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Arne,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Karl is looking into the speed issue and yes I have an open report-13591624 but my suspicion is that there is some confusion between my old package fibre 35 and the fibre 150 with VoIP. I've just checked Track my Fault and a new report has been raised today Rep - 13603984 and the Rep-13591624 has now disappeared into the ether. All very confusing.

Now going back to the Fibre Order that was placed on 13.10.23 as far as I am concerened the speeds given on that order is the basis of my contract and this latest  auto sign documents is not valid. So my question really is why was this latest document sent and who generated it. Should I just ignore it, my fear given my experiences so far is that if I just ignore it, it will come back and haunt me later. Please advise.

Regards

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

The OP has a long-running thread on the speed issue here, @Arne-TalkTalk:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Connected-No-Internet/m-p/2999965#M859045

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi 

Have you logged the speed issue as a fault?   

I'm not sure where the auto sign documents are getting that information from, the order does show minimum speeds as 120 for your fibre 150 plan. 

0 Likes