cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Contract renewal confirmation / issue?

PinkEmily
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I recently renewed my fibre contract for £27 per month on Fixed Price Plus for 24 months, at the end of last month. This appeared to work fine initially, with £27 per month showing in My Account more or less instantly and I received all the contract information which confirms this. However, on checking this morning, it is now showing £39.95 per month?

TalkTalk also recently upgraded me to full fibre (CityFibre) as a free upgrade and the email said my contract would not be affected and there would be no additional charges.

I won't be receiving my first bill on the new contract and full fibre until later this month, so I'm not able to see if discounts have been applied or not. Could you confirm that my monthly cost remains at £27 per month, as agreed?

Many thanks,

Emily

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 2 of 10

I didn't intentionally raise a complaint, but maybe this was automatically triggered by negative feedback on the survey at the end of the live chat?  I received a phone call without having got in touch further about the issue.

I was told that my contract could not be adjusted without terminating the line and creating a new order, in which case I could lose my landline number. The only other option, other than leaving for a new provider, was for my account to be credited with £12.95 x 24 to cover the difference, which I have now received. I was told that although I signed up for Fixed Price Plus, the contract on my account is now not fixed price, so I have to get back in touch in April if my price goes up to get another refund, and again the following April. Far from ideal, but I am at least not out of pocket for the moment.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi PinkEmily

I can see this was raised as a complaint which was resolved on the 17th. 

Hope you got a satisfactory result. 

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

I have now been in contact via live chat, as that's how I renewed my contract and I am still none the wiser. I was connected to the loyalty department, then passed to customer service and billing, who were about to sort it out and then said they couldn't and passed me to the full fibre loyalty department. There is a record of my £27 per month contract, but for some reason it did not get applied correctly. I was told that "the package was rationalized which means that you will have to contact City Fibre for further assistance". What does that mean?

I was then given the number 03451725132 on which to contact CityFibre. So, is it best to contact that number or the loyalty team on 03451720088. I do not wish to waste more time sorting out TalkTalk's mistakes.

It is frustrating that so far various teams can see what has happened, but appear not to know why or know how to sort this mess out. All this while I am being overcharged £12.95 per month.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

I renewed my contract on 29 September via live chat and I have the transcript for it. It was renewed for £27 fixed price plus and the account showed this the next day. After my free fibre upgrade, it changed to £39.95 at some point after that. The contract information on My Account, now shows I am on the "null Base Plan" - no mention of fibre anywhere in the contract PDFs anymore - just "null"!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Thank you.  @PinkEmily 

Unfortunately the account shows full fibre at £39.95 (full price) as a new contract which looks to be as a result of a renewal call on the 29 Sept.. The only way to amend this is for you to contact the loyalty team on  03451720088 advise them what the email said. 

Sorry for any inconvenience. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

I've responded to the PM - please let me know if the verification didn't go through and I'll retry (couldn't remember if I'd set a telephone password or not).

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi PinkEmily

I can look into with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?