cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Credit after renewing contract

Lissy
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

My contract was due to end in May.  At the end of March I recieved an email with options to renew my contract.  I did this via telephone, and was told that my monthly direct debit would be increased in April - in line with the new contract, however I would get a credit back alongside my direct debit to cover the remaining time of my old contract.  I have had no credit.  Any help ???

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @Lissy

I found a pending credit on your account, so this has been authorized today, this will be used against your next bill. 

Sorry for the delay.

Message 2 of 9

@Lissy, check also in Transaction History. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

From what you said, they promised to credit the difference, but it's never the case that the new contract starts when the old one expires, with Talktalk, @Lissy.

If you changed your Gas / Electricity tariff today it would usually actually apply from today, similar to Talktalk. 

Whereas with eg mobile companies: the one I am with has changed from applying the balance, when I renew, to the following month's bill to simply making sure that the new contract and billing date are the same. Then no balance adjustment needed.

It just depends on the accounting system  / billing system that best suits each company and the software they are running to administer products.

So we cannot, as customers, assume anything. We do need to check Ts&Cs, and the essential small print is usually fairly concise. Worth taking a little time to save more time later!

So the only thing to chase up is what the agent said in the phone call.

Talktalk should have a record of that.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

I have re-escalated this for you so that Arne can have another look. 

Lissy
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

My May bill was for new full amount - no credit has been given.  Given that I still had a few weeks of my old contract left, I do think the new contract should have either started when the old one ended, or that I would be given some credit for the difference ???

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

New contracts start straight away, so you will get a credit back on the next bill, produced on the 1st May, the renewal and the production of the latest bill have just overlapped, I suspect the bill was prepared on the same day you renewed. 

Lissy
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

ok, don't think that's fair - I should've waited till beginning of May to renew my contract then.  But on phone they promised me a credit - so I'll wait and see if talk talk get back to me on here - really does put me off - I expected my new contract to start when old one finished anyways x

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Check in Transaction History in My Account. 

The new contract would kick in on the day you renewed, however, @Lissy, so applying the difference may have been overlooked. 

Look out for a response from Arne-Talktalk during the week. 

0 Likes