Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't fine me for your errors

MikeyT23
First Timer
Message 12 of 12

TT: Your payment is overdue.
Customer: But I pay by Direct Debit.
TT: Oh yes we have an error in our system and we failed to take the payment. You have to
make a payment by card now.
Customer: OK I'll do it now online.
TT: We're going to fine you for the late payment even though it was our error and you must call
our special number to get it refunded.
Customer: That's not acceptable!
If TT goes ahead with that approach, they'll lose another customer.

Mike
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 12

@Postelnicescu, you have posted again and again in "ideas". I have flagged some of these as inappropriate, and will mark them as spam, which removes them from display. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 12

@Postelnicescu, the only way to cancel an account is to PHONE 03451 720046, after 9am Monday to Saturday. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 12

@Postelnicescu, thanks for posting in English now. Unfortunately you keep posting in the ideas section.

You must follow the instructions for posting in the HELP WITH YOUR SERVICE section. Staff don't reply on the ideas section here.

If you found the instructions hard to follow, try using the yellow browse button to reach the appropriate board and click start a topic there.

0 Likes

Postelnicescu
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 12

Since January we have moved to another city and bills are coming to our old address in Canterbury ... which we paid in vain ... what to do? ...thank you!

Postelnicescu
0 Likes

Postelnicescu
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 12

we have not worked at the address in Canterbury since January and we still pay .... what is to be done ... thank you!

Postelnicescu
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 12

@Postelnicescu, any comments must be posted in English on this forum. 

I have removed the address that you displayed above.

Never post personal information details on the open forum pages. 

If you need help from staff, please post in the appropriate section of the forum. 

Return to the home page and click on Community then Help with your service, then choose "billing", or whatever suits your issue. Click start a topic to open your thread.

Add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details by going via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. Staff will use this information to identify your account. 

They work regularly Monday to Friday, but will be away until Tuesday this week because of the Bank Holiday. 

Phone help is available MONDAY TO SATURDAY  (not Sunday) on 03451 720046.

It opens after 9am. Full details of opening hours are displayed on the link below. 

Chat can be reached any day after 9am from the Chat Now link on this page. It shows a blue background banner when available:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 12

Instead of heading straight for the CEO's office I am sure that the support team here can help if you start a topic in the Billing section. 

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 8 of 12

Given the additional information you've just posted it shines a different light on the situation and it is not good.  It might be worth contacting the CEO's office directly to complain and make your feelings known to them.

0 Likes

MikeyT23
First Timer
Message 9 of 12

The discussion is very abridged.

TT Contacted me by text on a genuine number.

I checked on my online account to find that I had that same message waiting for me on my account. Also that my account stated that my payment method is DD and the DD details were correct.

I called TT and that was when I was told to make the payment and that I will be charged a penalty fee and that I will have to call to get it refunded.

This is all genuine.

Mike
0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 10 of 12

@MikeyT23 @ferguson is correct it is almost certainty a scam and

TalkTalk wouldn't contract you in that way.

Did you check your Bank, and/or TalkTalk

Account to see if the DD had been taken.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

TalkTalk would never contact you directly about a payment in this way, are you sure this wasn't a scam call?

0 Likes