cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Email Price Increase is WRONG

John_Alnwick
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Just received an Email stating pricing needs to increase by CPI of 3.7%.

But TalkTalk is increasing my monthly price by 7.7% ??

Anyone else been quoted excessive increased charges.  Is there a rational explanation for the excessive price increase ?

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You're misreading I'm sorry to see. CPI is 4% so the increase is 4% + 3.7% so for clarification that's 4% PLUS 3.7% = 7.7%.

Please read this Help content that includes the detail I've referred to. News about our prices - Annual Price Update April 2024

These CPI linked price rises and percentage price rises are difficult for many to get a real understanding of. Ofcom, the regulator, has said "We are proposing to ban telecoms companies from providing for both inflation-linked price rises and price rises that are set out in percentage terms in contracts. Instead, where companies' contracts provide for any price rises during the contract period, they must set this out up-front in pounds and pence."

Unfortunately this ban has not yet happened to stop the planned price updates for April 2024.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

NO, it does NOT say that..  my contract states it will increase based on CPI - which is quoted in the email as 3.7%... NOT 4%

"the price you pay each month will increase by the Consumer Prices Index (CPI) rate of inflation +3.7%". ... (copied and pasted.)

Says nothing else other than my increase is going to be 7.7% .. which is NOT the same as 3.7%.

Try again, TalkTalk..... do the math.

Message 3 of 6

NO, it does NOT say that..

"the price you pay each month will increase by the Consumer Prices Index (CPI) rate of inflation +3.7%". ... copied and pasted.

Says nothing else other than my increase is going to be 7.7% .. which is NOT the same as 3.7%.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

The Consumer Price Index is 4% (CPI for Dec 2023 / Published in Jan 24) Have another look at the email. It should say CPI + 3.7% = 7.7% if I'm not mistaken.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

It's CPI at 4% plus 3.7%, which is 7.7%.

This was explained when you took out your contract and all ISPs are doing similar most are actually more expensive.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes