cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Contract ends soon

Paulefc
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

My contract with TalkTalk ends in June and I'm expecting to move home at some point this year. Obviously if I move before my contract runs out I'll have to pay the early exit fees if the service isn't available at my new address . But my question is , come June when my contract ends and I haven't moved will I just be put on a rolling one for each month ? Because I don't want to agree another contract until I've moved home.  And will I have to get in touch with TalkTalk or will I be automatically put on to a monthly basis bill .

Thanks 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 2 of 6

Thanks 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi Paulefc

Your contract will move to a 30 day rolling contract automatically but bare in mind any discounts you may have will end at the end of your contract, potentially increasing your monthly charges,  if you do agree a new contract until you move you can move it to the new property via the homemove team.

Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 6

Thank you for your in depth reply, you've been really helpful. You're a star

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

If you do nothing, you will be moved automatically to the rolling monthly contract (though Talktalk will offer other options from around a month beforehand) @Paulefc.

Discounts will cease, so check also whether it's worth keeping boosts etc at that stage.

You'd need to give Talktalk 30 days' notice to cease the service when you are moving, if you are not taking up a service with them at your new home.

If a suitable service is available, use the home move team. In that scenario, it's worth having a new contract sooner, and taking out a new one when you move to avoid their £60 fee, and keep things cheaper overall. 

I think that is the most economical approach, but I'll move this to the billing section for staff comment.

You posted in the Full Fibre section. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.