cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Increase in monthly cost

archieleach
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I've been transferred from Shell Energy to TalkTalk.  Both companies assured me before migration that my package costs would remain the same i.e. £16.95 after the 2024 Shell cost of living increase.

However, my first TalkTalk bill shows the monthly cost as £19.00.  I emailed TalkTalk complaints 2 weeks ago but have only received an acknowledgement and no action has been taken. 

Obviously the new charge is incorrect and my account needs to be amended to reflect the original cost of £16.95.  Additionally, the first bill needs to be recalculated as it was based on the incorrect, inflated, charge.  

(I've come through this forum as I had tried to resolve the non-collection of direct debit via Chat which was complete failure, the conversation being cut off after 40 mins by the TalkTalk operative.)

Thank you

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

archieleach
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 10

Hi Arne,

Please refer to my message to you of 23rd August.  I would clarify that when I got through to the TalkTalk adviser 3 weeks ago and asked for the Shell Migration Team, she said that I was speaking to that team.  As far as I'm concerned, I've done what you suggested and I'm still being overcharged by £2.05 per month, even though TalkTalk have admitted that that is incorrect!  How hard is it to sort this out at your end?

Regards

archie leach

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

@archieleach, when they next make up your bill, not only should it be showing the correct monthly rate, but they owe you something back. 

So lots to look out for. They may show it as a credit in My Account and if it's left there that goes towards the next bill, so should bring that figure down even more.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

HI archieleach

Did you contact the shell migration team? 

They will need to investigate this for you.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Arne,

In response to my post last Friday, I received that day this email:

Thanks for contacting us about migration.Thank you for contacting TalkTalk Customer Relations Department, your correspondence has reached Lungile.

I apologize for the inconvenience you’ve experienced.

We’ve completed a review of your account and are pleased to confirm that the issue has been resolved with assistance from our consultant. Should you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us

If you have questions about anything else, feel free to get back to us.

If you'd like more information, there's also a lot of detailed help and advice online in our Help Pages and our online Community. We're also here  to help on  Live Chat (click the tab on all our help pages). 

Thank you,

Lungile Mtambo
Your TalkTalk team 

As the monthly package cost is still showing £19.00 the matter clearly has NOT been resolved.  What's going on?

Regards

archieleach

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10
0 Likes

archieleach
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Hi Arne,

Thanks for your reply.  I did phone TalkTalk support on 12th August and explained that my monthly charge had increased.  The adviser spoke to Shell who confirmed that the monthly charge should only be £16.95. She then spoke to her manager, came back and agreed that TalkTalk had made an error, apologised and said that lower charge should apply until end of contract in July next year and she would make necessary correction.  However, I see on My Account page today that I'm still being charged £19.00!  Does this mean that I have to make another phone call?

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi archieleach

You will need to call us 03451720088  and ask to speak to the Shell Migration team, The account is showing that the monthly cost is set at £19 per month.

They will need to investigate this. 

0 Likes

archieleach
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I did read the email from TalkTalk prior to the switch so I was aware that the first month's charge would be higher, hence my request that it be recalculated at the correct monthly payment.

This is what I was paying Shell after the 6% April increase:

Cost per month with ShellCost per month with Shell

However, as you can see from this screenshot of my TalkTalk package, the charge has been increased to £19.00:

TalkTalk monthly costTalkTalk monthly cost

The only add-on on the account is free caller display.

Before the switch, TalkTalk emailed this:

TalkTalk price match promiseTalkTalk price match promise

All I'm asking is that this promise be honoured.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Have you checked the dates covered by the bill, @archieleach?

If it's from the switch date up to the billing date and also the month ahead, it will of course be more on this bill.

Any duplication of previous Shell payments will need to be sorted out but Talktalk has to charge to cover all the days since the switch.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes