cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Is Talktallk deliberately mis-selling me a contract ?

Sondra
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Very unhappy with the customer service I am receiving.  On two occasions I have negotiated the terms a new contract and what has been agreed verbally has not been reflected in the contract details that were issued. As the discrepancy over the length of my boost discounts has now happened a second time I feel that I am being deliberately mis-sold a contract in that was said verbally and the details on the contract differ.

I entered into a new contract with TT  sometime in May 23 after being out of contract for some months.  After this new contract was issued, there was considerable discussion starting at the end of May this year over the terms of the new contact.  Verbally in conversation with your representative I was offered discounts on my boosts for the 18 month term of the contract but the contract did not honour the 18 month terms and I objected.

There was a prolonged discussion over this dispute and I spent a considerable amount of time in discussions with various members of the TT team and felt that during this discussion I received some very bad customer service.  For example, early on in this discussion one of your representatives was going to review the recorded phone conversations that took place and come back to me on a Friday between 5 and 6 o’clock.  At 6:20 there was a TT call which rang once and the rang off.  I attempted to return the call using 1474 but this only resulted in a recorded message saying TT was aware and was dealing with the situation and would come back to me.  This did not happen and when I once again rang TT on the Monday, I was told that I had received a call back and that the issue had been resolved and my complaint had been closed when it had not been resolved. I continued to persist until I finally was dealing with your representatives in the “Loyalty” department, Phakamani and Kerien. These discussions ended with the agreement that my boost would last the length of the 18 month contract with me paying £31 per month for the duration of the contract.

Unfortunately, when I read through the latest contract details the contract still limits my international boost discount to only 6 months which was not what was agreed.  Yet again, I called TT and the whole discussion started all over again over the length of my boost discount and I was told that I had to accept the 6 month and then negotiate again in 6 months.  This is absolutely not an acceptable resolution. I have had some previous bad experiences with the ‘renegotiate’ answer at the end of my contract in November 2022. My experience than was that TT was not open to negotiate at all at that point and I am not willing to see this as an acceptable resolution.

Very unhappy with the customer service I had.  On two occasions I have negotiated the terms a new contract and what has been agreed verbally has not been reflected in the contract details that were issued. As the discrepancy over the length of my boost discounts has now happened a second time I feel that I am being deliberately mis-sold a contract in that was said verbally and the details on the contract differ.

I entered into a new contract with TT  sometime in May 23 after being out of contract for some months.  After this new contract was issued, there was considerable discussion starting at the end of May this year over the terms of the new contact.  Verbally in conversation with your representative I was offered discounts on my boosts for the 18 month term of the contract but the contract did not honour the 18 month terms and I objected.

There was a prolonged discussion over this dispute and I spent a considerable amount of time in discussions with various members of the TT team and felt that during this discussion I received some very bad customer service.  For example, early on in this discussion one of your representatives was going to review the recorded phone conversations that took place and come back to me on a Friday between 5 and 6 o’clock.  At 6:20 there was a TT call which rang once and the rang off.  I attempted to return the call using 1474 but this only resulted in a recorded message saying TT was aware and was dealing with the situation and would come back to me.  This did not happen and when I once again rang TT on the Monday, I was told that I had received a call back and that the issue had been resolved and my complaint had been closed when it had not been resolved. I continued to persist until I finally was dealing with your representatives in the “Loyalty” department, Phakamani and Kerien. These discussions ended with the agreement that my boost would last the length of the 18 month contract with me paying £31 per month for the duration of the contract.

Unfortunately, when I read through the latest contract details the contract still limits my international boost discount to only 6 months which was not what was agreed.  Yet again, I called TT and the whole discussion started all over again over the length of my boost discount and I was told that I had to accept the 6 month and then negotiate again in 6 months.  This is absolutely not an acceptable resolution. I have had some previous bad experiences with the ‘renegotiate’ answer at the end of my contract in November 2022. My experience than was that TT was not open to negotiate at all at that point and I am not willing to see this as an acceptable resolution.

At this point I would like to register formal complaint and ask that I am informed about TT’s formal complaint procedures.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Sondra

The maximum period of the discount for that particular boost is 6 months, so it would have to be re-applied every 6 months as per the agreement you made with the loyalty team.   There are notes on the account to state that the boost has been offered at a discounted rate for the length of your contract, so any agent dealing with your account will no that the discount has to be re-applied. 

I appreciate that Its not ideal, but due to the system limitations its the only thing we can do. 

Regards.

Tunezy
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

This sounds really frustrating Sondra!!

Regarding formal complaints and routes to those, you may find this post helpful in pulling together some background and options and info on the email . It also links to the complaints policy and some of the escalation options that may be useful if Talk Talk is not able to resolve this.

You mentioned that you were told your "complaint had been closed" - did you have a formal complaint reference (usually beginning CMP)? Ofcom have rules around how telecoms companies like Talk Talk handle complaints and they are very specific about the circumstances where a complaint can be closed...

Page 52 of Ofcoms general conditions set out in paragraph 14 and 15 when a complaint can be closed. A provider (ie Talk Talk) cannot close a complaint except under certain circumstances. If you did not agree it was resolved to your satisfaction then it should not have been closed without waiting 28 days for you to come back to them.

It makes sense to stand your ground - you will have zero negotiating power 6 months into a contract when you are still tied in for another 12 months.

Did you get sent both a "contract summary", and "contract information" documentation (they will be labelled this at the top of the docs)? If so, did they clearly mention the words "international max calls boost"? Or was the calls boost mentioned in some other documentation, such as a separate email or letter to you sent later?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

The Complaints process can be found as I mentioned earlier. But if you give the support team a chance to look into this they may be able to resolve it without going down that road. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

I would appreciate being informed of TT's formal complaint procedures. I am absolutely at the end of my patience with TT.

I have made an attempt to update my profile and have filled in step 1 with my contact numbers.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

You can find a link for Complaints at the bottom of every page.

Alternatively, you might care to give the support here the opportunity to see if they can help first. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes